Page 95 of 433 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Really? Ah man, I was bored while watching SHOOTER. It just felt really like i've been there, done that before. Kate Mara is a definite hottie though. Too bad her and Marky Mark had zero chemistry together. I dunno, that disappoints me, UK. I thought ye had taste!
    Bored, really? I was anything but bored while watching it. How dare you attack my taste in movies sir! Shooter is actually ranked 7.2 on IMDB (not that that really means anything), but it does mean a lot of other people enjoyed it as well. Seems like an appropriate rating to me. And it was definitely my favorite Antoine Fuqua movie since Training Day (though I did think King Arthur was alright).

Watched Under Siege last night, plan on watching more movies tonight.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I haven't seen Shooter yet...but I want to. I will settle this dispute. With a ninja star.

Saw Rumor Has It because Mrs Chux wanted to. I'd thought it looked like a hackneyed attempt to play off a classic movie (The Graduate). I was hoping for more, though, when the credits started up and I saw Rob Reiner directed it.

Sadly, my first instincts were closer to correct. While it wasn't exactly bad, it definitely wasn't good, either. It required way too much suspension of disbelief (fine in an alien invasion movie, not so fine in a romantic comedy). Also, once the premise was set up in the first 3/4 of the movie, the last half hour or so was ridiculously predictable.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yesterday I saw Knocked Up. Really funny and a bit touching at times, but not quite as funny as The 40-Year-Old Virgin (same writer and/or director, right?).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Yesterday I saw Knocked Up. Really funny and a bit touching at times, but not quite as funny as The 40-Year-Old Virgin (same writer and/or director, right?).
    Yes, Judd Apatow wrote and directed both films. He's swell. I loved 40YOV, but I found that I enjoyed Knocked Up a bit more. It seemed more consistently funny to me, than 40YO. I don't know, just about anything Apatow is associated with is golden and I'll gladly watch it.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I watched My Super Ex Girlfriend last night. It was a decent movie, funny at times. Worth a watch once.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I watched My Super Ex Girlfriend last night. It was a decent movie, funny at times. Worth a watch once.
    Watched about half of it last night before going to bed. I wasn't too impressed.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Watched Apocalypto last night. It was a really good movie.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I watched Some Kind of Wonderful last night for the first time in a while. Love that movie.

Finally saw Knocked Up a few nights ago, it was funny but not in the same league as 40 Year Old...not that I expected it to, nor does it have to, but since the comparison was made I thought I would opine.