Page 96 of 432 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
    Watched The Hills Have Eyes II. It wasn't that great. I'm actually glad I skipped seeing it in the theaters. I enjoyed the first one (I thought it was a remake that was better than the original), and this was several notches down from that. Yet another horror sequel that couldn't live up to the first one.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I just finished Office Space and that movie just doesn't get old at all for me.

I also watched Shooter. Not an amazing movie, but I liked it.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Bought and watched "Tora Tora Tora" last night. I was thinking of showing it to my history class but I think I will use something else.
    Good movie though.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I watched Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow last night. Cheesy, but fun watching two Academy Award winners not taking themselves (or the role) seriously. The Indiana Jones franchise has nothing to worry about.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

With my grad school work done (read 7 novels and prepared syllabus/lesson plan for two classes), I was able to reignite my Bond marathon.

"Thunderball"- Better than I expected and i had worries about the underwater fight, but it was actually pretty cool to watch. *** out of ****

"You only live Twice"- this is to me another essential Bond film with great action, great plot, a great villian and overall an awesome film. Plus, I couldn't help but make Scorpio references under my breath during a few shots. ***1/2 out of ****

"On Her Majesty's Secret Service"- Lazenby does a good Bond, but this film felt really weighed down and confusing at times. It felt like it took too long for things to get going and I found myself kinda bored in the beginning. Plus, how they track down Blofeld is just plain silly. The ending did knock me on my *** though, but it raises a huge question: why didn't Bond make sure Blofeld was dead or arrested?!!??! Dummy. **1/2 out of ****

and finally:
    "Diamonds are Forever"- Connery's return is good, but the film is iffy and too silly and odd, even for a Bond flick. He just looks kinda old for the part and he seems like he's going through the motions for his massive paycheck. The pair of henchman were really goofy and there ending battle was anticlimatic as Blofeld got what he deserved, but it felt like it wasn't personal enough for Bond. **1/2 out of ****

About to enter the Roger Moore years here soon after I finish reading HP7. Thirteen more to go total! Cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Bought and watched "Tora Tora Tora" last night. I was thinking of showing it to my history class but I think I will use something else.
    Good movie though.
    Please don't show Pearl Harbor in its place.

Went and saw Michael Moore's Sicko tonight.
    Like his other documentaries, it was well-done, but fairly one sided (but not quite as one-sided as his past docs, IMO). I won't go into too much detail as not to tread into Rancor Pit territory, but it made me angry at times.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I watched Spiderman 3 in Yokosuka, Japan, Oceans 13 in Guam, Transformers in Sydney, and I'm about to watch Transformers in Brisbane. How's THAT for internationl traveling?!?!?!?!

Harry Potter kills Voldemort!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Please don't show Pearl Harbor in its place.
    No way, I do not own that dvd and never will.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed