Page 103 of 436 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4355
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Finished the Apes movies, now on to the '74 TV show....then the animated series, which I'm looking forward to checking out.
    Don't bother with the Markey Mark version of a few years ago... suck city.

Had a Monty Python double feature today. Watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Monty Python's Meaning of Life back to back.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Don't bother with the Markey Mark version of a few years ago... suck city.

Yea, I've seen the 2001 feature, I didn't hate it, just different than the originals.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Yea, I've seen the 2001 feature, I didn't hate it, just different than the originals.
    Ditto. Tim Burton doesn't make bad movies. Anyone who disagrees deserves a kick to the groin.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

What happened to the ol' nerf bat, Chux?
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Meet the Robinsons. Quite entertaining. Especially Tiny the T-Rex.

The ANH triple-feature: the 1977 version two nights ago, the 1997 version last night, and the 2004 one later today.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Bourne Ultimatum- **** out of ****- Incredible movie with a tight, well done plot, amazing action with lots of chases and hand to hand combat and overall a great conclusion to the Bourne trilogy.

Once- ***1/2 out of ****- Great flick about two random folks who meet in dublin and bond through friendship and music. Here is the trailer if you don't know what i'm talking about: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_se.../once/trailera

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon movie film for theaters- *** out of **** if you love the show like me, you'll love the film. It's full of raunchy, irrevant humor in that great ATHF manner.

TMNT- ** out of ****- Great CGI, but not much else. It's a long winded, confusing story that doesn't play out well at all. Huge letdown.

Wild Hogs- *1/2 out of ****- Boring, predictable, cliche', unfunny...need I go on?

The Lookout- *** out of ****- surprisingly good thriller with rising star Joseph Gordon Levitt. I was pretty impressed with this flick on all levels and the ending is pretty intense. I enjoyed it.

On the to watch list: Fracture, Disturbia and tomorrow: SUPERBAD!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Watched Disturbia last night. At first I thought it was just okay, but the more I thought about it, I began to like it; so I'll say it was good. It wasn't quite what I was expecting; I was expecting more suspense and thrills throughout the movie but they were actually few and far between (for the most part), with exception to the ending. It was still good nonetheless, and I'm kind of glad that they didn't try to constantly startle or seek thrills from the audience; it probably would have turned out to be a terrible movie. Instead, the movie built up the characters and plot and built the tension that would soon erupt towards the end of the film; this it accomplished, very well might I add. Shia LeBeouf did a great job, as did Sarah Roemer (Ashley). Never heard of her before and not sure what else she was been in (IMDB isn't functioning correctly right now) but I believe this was the first thing that I have seen her in. Anyways, she did a good job and has a very interesting look about her, hot. I love David Morse and he did a good job as well; playing the creepy and mysterious neighbor.

But yea, I really enjoyed this movie, especially the more I thought about it. Evidently it is a modern Rear Window, which I for some reason haven't seen yet (and my brother has just about all of the Hitchcock movies) so I'm eager to take that one down and do a little comparison; and I have no doubts that Hitchcock's Rear Window will be the better film (much better, probably). I mean, come on, it's Hitchcock!!!.. and it's #13 on IMDB's Top 250.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I gotta agree with you UK; I really enjoyed "Disturbia." I had my doubts coming into it, but it's a good psuedo version of "Rear Window." It has a good deal of suspense, likeable characters and (as I said in my blog), an uber greasy and evil David Morse. It was high on the suspense and easy on the gore, which was nice for once. *** out of ****

"Superbad"- Check out my brief blip in the thread. To recap though: I laughed, hard, and a lot. ***1/2 out of ****

"Fracture"- I had some hopes for this one and Hopkins delivers, but Gosling is so wound up playing a seemingly schmuck pouty lawyer with an annoying southern accent. It was hard for root for him and I was actually more interested in Hopkins. ** out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"