Page 108 of 440 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 4391
    Watched several movies over the holiday weekend:

The Number 23 - I really wasn't sure what to expect before going into this movie... but it turned out to be okay. The story was unique enough and kept me interested. I loved the cinematography used when they switched to the Novel/Fingerling story; it was pretty cool. Jim Carrey did a pretty good job as did Virginia Madsen. The 23 coincidences seemed to get a little repetitive and out of hand at times, but that was to be expected. I rather enjoyed the ending which made me appreciate the movie more than I would have, had the ending been different. But yeah, this movie was okay/good and worthy of a look I suppose.

The Shawshank Redemption (in HD) - Outstanding film, one of my favorites and easily one of the best movies of all time in my opinion. There is nothing I can say that hasn't been said already with regards to the greatness of this film.

The Ex - Starring Zach Braff, Amanda Peet and Jason Bateman. Typical comedy, nothing new here. I was expecting this one to be better/funnier than it was, though it still had its moments. Jason Bateman is awesome and if you are a fan of his then you should probably check out the movie, but don't be surprised if you are somewhat disappointed overall. But yea, this movie wasn't completely terrible, and it certainly wasn't great, but somewhere in between (closer to the terrible side though).

Go (in HD) - Only had seen this movie once before (that I can remember), which was many years ago. I completely forgot how good this movie was, or I didn't appreciate it when I first watched it. Anyways, this is a really good movie. The three story lines (which interweave) are really good; Simon's being my favorite, Ronna's coming in second and Adam and Zach's pulling up the rear (no pun intended). Lots of craziness and goodness throughout, from beginning to the very end. Oh yeah, gotta give props to Timothy Olyphant... ya gotta love this guy.

Saving Private Ryan - Another outstanding movie. Easily one of my favorite Military/War/Action movies, if not my favorite. Like Shawshank, not much can be said about the greatness of this movie that hasn't been said before. Outstanding... extremely powerful...
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Been watching Heores Season 1 the last few nights. Trying to get it right so I can watch the last episode on the 23rd.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

After a marathon week (for me anyway) I finished Heroes yesterday.
    After seeing only the first 3 episodes when they first aired and not being able to see the few episodes I missed, I decided to skip the rest and wait for the dvd. And boy, am I glad I did! Amazing show from start to finish!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I guess we have something else to disagree about, RB.

I've tried a few times to watch this, because people keep praising it, and it is superheroes, after all. But it's just a big soap opera, with not enough character development to be truly interesting, and not enough action to be brainless fun. I think I'll just toss it in the same bin with Buffy and Battlestar Galactica, the "shows people keep telling me are great, but I can't help but wonder why anyone thinks so."

Oh, and the writers should try cracking open a history book once in a while if they're going to send characters hundreds of years in the past. It only takes a minute.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Kristen Bell is gonna be on for a multi-episode arc.
    I've never seen Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I guess we have something else to disagree about, RB.
    One of us (me) has to have decent taste.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Oh, and the writers should try cracking open a history book once in a while if they're going to send characters hundreds of years in the past. It only takes a minute.
    As I said elsewhere: "Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them."
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

We can agree on Punisher dressing like Captain America being a retarded idea.

And, at the risk of repeating myself, my comment about history is based on a lot of fansites I looked at (for reasons I won't get into right now). Every single one mentions the year 1671, a time when, well, there weren't any more samurai battles going on.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I think I'll just toss it in the same bin with Buffy and Battlestar Galactica, the "shows people keep telling me are great, but I can't help but wonder why anyone thinks so."
    "Do you watch Battlestar Galactica?"
    "No."
    "Well, then, you are an idiot."
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

well done John.

My viewing time is about to be SEVERELY limited for the next 5 months starting with tonight's NFL kickoff.

No more watching movies on Sundays.

Watching the Colts vs Saints, Manning to Harrison, TD, there's a shock :P
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!