Page 110 of 440 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 4393
  1. #1091
    Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I'm feeling lazy, so just read any of these reviews for the "big deal".
    Yeah...still don't see it. I think I expected too much. All I see in the link is a bunch of people that loved it.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!


  2. #1092
    An Inconvenient Truth. Al Gore with the power point, who does get the facts right, because once he gave the correct definition of global warming in the beginning which has nothing to do with air temperatures, I decided to pay attention.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

  3. #1093
    I saw MIB II for the first time last night on TNT. I actually forgot they made a sequel for it. It wasn't bad, but it never distinguished itself much from the first one.

    Also, I bought Krystof Keislowski's Tricolor Trilogy, Blue, White, and Red on DVD off of E-Bay. Even though these are foreign films, these are hot fudge sundaes for your eyes and are great movies for those who are interested in the craft of movie-making. Juliette Binoche, and Julie Delpy are two of the recognizable actors from the series. Very worthwhile to view.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

  4. #1094
    I watched Children of Men yesterday afternoon. Pretty decent movie. A good what if this ever happened type thing. Clive Owen gives a good performance as does Michael Caine and the short appearanced Julianne Moore. I would recommend watching it.

    Also caught Shawshank Redemtion on Max last night. An oldie, but with out a doubt a goodie. Every time I watch it, I find it hard to believe its a King Short story(because its non horror, but then again, Different Seasons really wasnt a horror oriented book)
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

  5. #1095
    Nor was The Green Mile.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  6. #1096
    Watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose a couple nights ago. As I said in the 'Best Horror movies' thread (reason I watched it), this is one of the better horror/possession/satan movies out there. I like the approach they took to this movie, on trial, flashing back to Emily while telling her story; it was a tad different for a horror movie, but it worked extremely well. Lots of really freaky, creepy parts in this movie; some scenes are actually really scary, which is difficult to find in horror movies these days (usually its just a lot of gore). If you enjoyed The Exorcist, horror movies in general, or just want to watch a quality (horror) flick, this one comes highly recommended.


    I've also watched the first disc of the 30 Rock dvd set and started the second disc last night. I've heard good things about this show so I decided I'd catch up on it before the second season airs (and my brother is forcing me to watch it). The first few shows were a little slow, still funny. The past several episodes that I've watched have been really funny. Alec Bladwin is just outstanding. Tina Fey does a good job as does Tracy Morgan. This is a pretty good show thus far and I'm glad I decided to give it a go.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

  7. #1097
    Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post

    I've also watched the first disc of the 30 Rock dvd set and started the second disc last night. I've heard good things about this show so I decided I'd catch up on it before the second season airs (and my brother is forcing me to watch it). The first few shows were a little slow, still funny. The past several episodes that I've watched have been really funny. Alec Bladwin is just outstanding. Tina Fey does a good job as does Tracy Morgan. This is a pretty good show thus far and I'm glad I decided to give it a go.
    I'm agreeing with you 100% on this one, UK. I had seen blips of it on TV, but picked up the DVD weeks ago purely because so many friends have raved about it. They were right. It's HYSTERICAL. The first few episoes started off slow and funny, but now they're damn right hysterical. I'm almost through the second disc and i'm loving it. Alec Baldwin has such great comedic talents: good timing, good delivery, and you gotta love how he uses that voice of his. I also love the writing staff and Kenneth the page is damned funny. Plus, i love how they cut away to flashbacks and random scenes; it's kinda like "Arrested Development" in that fashion. It's just as terrifically funny show. I sense an avatar change coming on soon....

    "They've adapted "The Rural Juror?" I'm a huge Kevin Grisham fan!"

    I also continued my Bond marathon.

    "For Your Eyes Only"- A terrific film and one of the better Bonds- Rating ***1/2 out of ****

    "Octo*****"- too long, too confusing, and too bad. I did LOVE Q's line at the end of the film though. Other than that, not a good flick- Rating ** out of ****

    "A View to Kill"- Although Moore does show his age a tad in this one, it's still a fun flick with lots of great action scenes and a great Christopher Walken as the over the top Max Zorin. I really enjoyed it. Rating- *** out of ****

    That's it for the Moore Era. Bring on the Timothy Dalton era.....all two films of it.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 09-16-2007 at 01:09 PM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

  8. #1098
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    I also continued my Bond marathon.

    "For Your Eyes Only"- A terrific film and one of the better Bonds- Rating ***1/2 out of ****

    "Octo*****"- too long, too confusing, and too bad. I did LOVE Q's line at the end of the film though. Other than that, not a good flick- Rating ** out of ****

    "A View to Kill"- Although Moore does show his age a tad in this one, it's still a fun flick with lots of great action scenes and a great Christopher Walken as the over the top Max Zorin. I really enjoyed it. Rating- *** out of ****

    That's it for the Moore Era. Bring on the Timothy Dalton era.....all two films of it.
    I love FYEO. It is my favorite of the Moore era, even though it is a bit dated.

    Octo***** I wasn't too enthralled with either. The whole clown sequence put 007 down a few notches on what I envisioned him as.

    AVTK has to be the worst Moore era Bond movie. I think Bond was in his mid to late 50s when the movie was made. His stunt doubles got more screen time than Roger did. Still, Moore was charasmatic in that flick, and he never lost his wit or sense of humor. Stacy on the other hand, has to be one of the worst Bond girls to date. She sounded like Anna Nicole Smith when she had to deliver some technical lines regarding the underground fault around the Bay Area. And the way she was always put in danger having to be rescued made you loathe her.

    Enjoy the Dalton era JMG. I think you'll like the Living Daylights and maybe License to Kill.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

  9. #1099
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner View Post
    I love FYEO. It is my favorite of the Moore era, even though it is a bit dated.

    Octo***** I wasn't too enthralled with either. The whole clown sequence put 007 down a few notches on what I envisioned him as.

    AVTK has to be the worst Moore era Bond movie. I think Bond was in his mid to late 50s when the movie was made. His stunt doubles got more screen time than Roger did. Still, Moore was charasmatic in that flick, and he never lost his wit or sense of humor. Stacy on the other hand, has to be one of the worst Bond girls to date. She sounded like Anna Nicole Smith when she had to deliver some technical lines regarding the underground fault around the Bay Area. And the way she was always put in danger having to be rescued made you loathe her.

    Enjoy the Dalton era JMG. I think you'll like the Living Daylights and maybe License to Kill.
    Yeah, Moore was 57 when he filmed that flick, but i still think it has a decent enough plot and solid action to be an enjoyable flick. And by far, "Moonraker" is the WORST Bond film, not only of the Moore era, but of all of them (thus far, at least.....i don't think anything can top Moonraker's horridness).

    As far as Bond girls go, do you recall that blond gal from "Man with the Golden Gun?" She was by far the most useless girl, ever. It was like jar jar with breasts. At least Stacy was psuedo productive in the flick.

    And i'm lookin' forward to the Dalton era. Only six more films and then topping it with with a seventh flick with another viewing of "Casino Royale." Then I can put this six month Bond marathon to rest.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

  10. #1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Yeah, Moore was 57 when he filmed that flick, but i still think it has a decent enough plot and solid action to be an enjoyable flick. And by far, "Moonraker" is the WORST Bond film, not only of the Moore era, but of all of them (thus far, at least.....i don't think anything can top Moonraker's horridness).

    As far as Bond girls go, do you recall that blond gal from "Man with the Golden Gun?" She was by far the most useless girl, ever. It was like jar jar with breasts. At least Stacy was psuedo productive in the flick.

    And i'm lookin' forward to the Dalton era. Only six more films and then topping it with with a seventh flick with another viewing of "Casino Royale." Then I can put this six month Bond marathon to rest.
    Goodnight also gets a nod for her performance in TMWTGG. She put herself in more precarious spots than Stacy did. At least she had a hot bod.

    And Moonraker is certainly one of the worst Bond entries, with its local cable channel special effects and bizarre plot, but up until Bond landed in Brazil, I thought the movie was solid. Diamonds Are Forever gets my nod for the most horrid entry.

    Enjoy the rest of your viewing.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO