Page 115 of 433 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 4326
    Finally saw "Transformers" for the first time on the big screen today before the DVD release.
    "The Fantastic 4" and "Rise of the Siver Surfer" together.
    I'm glad I just rented these ones.

Watched Dario Argento's Opera (1987) last night. It was one of Dario's movies that I had not seen yet, but owned for some time. There were some things that I didn't like about the movie, but overall I thought it was a pretty decent flick. It wasn't as good as Suspiria or Deep Red. I'd probably put it with the likes of Inferno and The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, both of which I enjoyed. Worth a look if you are a fan...
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Watched Wrong Turn 2 last night. This movie was alright. I had heard really good things about it, so I was a little disappointed afterwards; but it wasn't bad. The whole reality show premise didn't work all that well imo. The first half of the movie was forgetful, but the second half was better. That Henry Rollins is something else. I was glad to see the gas station fellow from the first one make an appearance (the guy who just drinks Pepto Bismol); he was great. The movie did have some really good gore and effects, and the inbred mountain people looked pretty good (grotesque as it were). Overall this movie was your typical horror sequel, but better than most out there, but not as good as the first. I guess I would recommend it to fellow horror fans, or fans of Wrong Turn. It's worth a look...

Going to watch 28 Weeks Later this evening, I'm very much looking forward to this one.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Been a while since i've posted due to server issues, but here is a list of flicks i've watched in the last few few weeks.

"We are Marshall"- If you dig inspirational sports flicks, this is for you. Great story (well, not great if you look at the tragedy, but you read me) about a town recovering from a horrific tragedy. I wasn't sure what to make of McConaughey at first, but his performance defiantely grew on me. Good flick. Rating- *** out of ****

"Superman: Doomsday"- Pure crap. It deviates from the original story and creates a really poor one of their own. The voice acting is really bad too as Adam Baldwin is a really bad choice for Superman as he shows no emotion in his voice. The fight scenes are nifty, but they're the only good part. Rating 1/2 out of ****

"1408"- Now, i saw some of the previous blips about this flick and I really disagree. I thought it was a very creepy, very intense, and very well done horror film. I liked the lack of gore, which is refreshing and the idea that the real horrors lie in what's in the human mind and what was brought into the room with Cusack's character. Great film. Rating- ***1/2 out of ****

"Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer"- Not a good flick. The plot is goofy, the characters are really poorly done and well, just not a good flick. the only saving grace is Chris Evans and the blips with the Surfer. Rating ** out of ****

and lastly,

"Reign Over Me"- Sandler is fantastic as a man recovering from losing his family in 9/11, but the film has too many random subplots and odd incidents to be coherent. The ending was also a mixed bag as it had a good message, but some elements of it just felt forced. I wanted to enjoy it and it could've been great, but it just wasn't there. Rating **1/2 out of ****

I have my MA exam a week from today, so i'm studying all week, but I did buy "Black Sheep" which i'm sure a few horror nerds have heard about. Mutated sheep run amok and eat humans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gEDUDmZkyc I've also tried to rent "Flight of the Living Dead" over the last few weeks, but the store I go to STILL hasn't gotten it in yet. They're supposed to call me when they do though.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Watched Blades of GLory last night.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I went to Across the Universe on Friday and it was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Im probably going to catch it one more time this week.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

After his fashion-model fiancee is horribly disfigured, an English surgeon (Peter Cushing) develops a technique to restore her beauty in 1968's Corruption. The problem is the treatment is only temporary so he's forced to find fresh tissue "donors" in order to maintain his girl's appearance. This modern Jack-the-Ripper story is watchable and not as predictable as you might expect. It's also worth checking out just to see Grand Moff Tarkin in a tussle with an Austin Powers-like photog at a swinging-60's flat-party-slash-photoshoot.

I picked up 28 Weeks Later and The Hills Have Eyes 2 at the library Friday afternoon but simply have not had time to sit and watch them. Frustrating.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I watched The Lion King on Broadway today on a college trip. Really great show, if you guys haven't seen it, you should really check it out next time you pay a visit to New York City.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    I watched The Lion King on Broadway today on a college trip. Really great show, if you guys haven't seen it, you should really check it out next time you pay a visit to New York City.
    I caught the production of THE LION KING back in August in Cleveland. It was jaw droppingly awesome.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Not technically a movie, but I finally saw the "Epilogue" episode of Justice League Unlimited.

Absolutely beautiful. As sad as it is that the DCAU is gone, this was the way to wrap it up. Aside from Superman and Static Shock, it tied in well with all the series. Ace dying was actually sad, and makes you wonder if Bruce chose to name his dog Ace after her. Touches from the old Batman:TAS like the Grey Ghost movie and the cameo by the Phantasm were sheer poetry.

But the best part, the most powerful part, was tying everything back into the show that started it all, and reaffirming the character's place: The world will always need a Batman. Shocking as Terry's true origin turned out to be (even though I'd been spoiled on that bit, it still hits hard), the ending with him reconciling with his girl (I forget her name) and Bruce before leaving to go meet Kent (presumably not Clark?) gives us hope that the next Batman will be able to come to terms with his demons, to an extent.

Batman is the greatest hero ever conceived by man. Everyone else who puts on tights and fights evil is trying to live up to his legend.

And, with apologies to comic creators like Bob Kane, Bill Finger, Denny O'Neil, Alan Moore, Frank Miller, Grant Morrison, Alan Grant, and so forth, the animated version is the definitive version of the character.

Again, absolutely beautiful. Like I said, sad to see the universe go, but this is the way to tie it all up in a pretty bow and leave the viewer satisfied.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 10-14-2007 at 11:39 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.