Page 148 of 427 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 4264
    Been a while since i've posted in this thread, so here we go:

"Eastern Promises"- another solid outing from Cronenberg and Viggo Mortensen. Great acting all around and the film is very solid- ***1/2 out of ****

"Right At Your Door"- Indie film about a series of dirty bombs that gets unleashed into LA and how one man seals himself in his house and what happens when his wife, covered in ash and chemicals, comes home for help. Great visuals, but the characters don't develop and the ending is totally off base. ** out of ****

"The Mist"- FINALLY caught this flick (in theaters!) and loved it. The CGI was iffy in a few scenes, but for the most part it was a terrific film about how people react when fear sets in and reason leaves. The ending was INSANE. ***1/2 out of ****

"Across the Universe"- Very entertaining film if you enjoy trippy sequences with Beatles music. And just so happens: I enjoy trippy sequences to Beatles music. *** out of ****

"Be Kind Rewind"- caught this film today and really enjoyed it. Jack Black and Mos Def work really well together oddly enough and like all Michel Gondry films, it requires a bit of suspension of belief, but besides that, it's a very positive, uplifting film. *** out of ****

Expect a few here soon.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I watched In the Valley of Elah earlier tonight. Outstanding movie! Easily one of my favorites from '07. Tommy Lee Jones was simply incredible. He was outstanding in No Country For Old Men, but he (somehow) topped that performance with this one (probably b/c he had more screen time); he definitely deserves to be nominated for Best Actor for his role as Hank Deerfield, in Elah. Phenomenal performance! Also in the cast was Charlize Theron, who was great, James Franco, Susan Sarandon, Josh Brolin, along with several others. But Tommy Lee Jones completely owned this movie; this was his film. Based off of actual events: This was a very engaging story about Jones (and Sarandon) trying to discover the truth around the disappearance of their son upon returning from duty in Iraq, with the help of local detective, played by Theron. This film was very well directed, by Paul Haggis. And while this was no Crash, (however, it does come relatively close), it is still a fantastic film. Highly recommended to all!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

been sick with the Flu all week so in the times that I was able to focus long enough on the TV I caught up with all the Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Simpsons Movie and Epic Movie. also caught T2, ROTS, and the Goonies. sometime the best medicine besides tons of antibotics and sleep is the good old boob tube
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    BCJ, nothing personal, but I was watching That Thing You Do, and your performance was so bad that I took out the DVD and buried it miles from civilization.

(Just kidding. I just wanted to say that to be an arse. )
    You couldn't have seen it. That's impossible, even for a computer. I had no performance.

Caught Gangs of NY on cable this weekend. That's a weird movie, and I finally saw the end (on cable, that is), as I usually give up maybe 2/3 through. After all the blood, it ends fairly tamely.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Caught Gangs of NY on cable this weekend. That's a weird movie, and I finally saw the end (on cable, that is), as I usually give up maybe 2/3 through. After all the blood, it ends fairly tamely.
    Wow! That's been my experience with that movie, too. I've never been able to watch it all the way through. If I see it's coming on, I now pass on it. So, is it worth watching all the way through, BCJ, or should I stay blissfully ignorant of the ending?
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

My thoughts are its a good movie until the end, it builds to such a huge ending and it lets down.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I havent posted here in awhile. I have watched The Brave One, Saw 3 and 4 along with a few other movies over the last few weeks.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Did you enjoy Saw III and IV kh? I'm assuming Saw IV was your first viewing, not sure about III. But what did you think about them? Like 'em?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I liked both of them, they were both first iewins. I actually watched 4 today and 3 last week. 4 had me confused a bit with the timeline and all. It seemed to have been going on as the same time as 3. I thought it was after, but I guess not.

For anybody who saw "There Will Be Blood" , you're going to LOVE THIS.

http://jenncho.imeem.com/video/M7ahu...akes_tv_video/

From last nights SNL.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"