Page 152 of 436 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 4353
    Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I have a feeling someones opinion has changed slightly upon multiple viewings of Silent Hill...
    The more I watched it, the more I liked it. The end could have been better, but you get what you get. In this day and age of "horror" movies, this is a superb standout. The zombies where dead on from the game all the way down to the movements.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I was actually going to get Silent Hill a while back on Blu-ray but I heard the transfer wasn't all that great. I'll probably scoop it up at some point, if I can get it really cheap. And I'll definitely grab it if Sony re-releases it and fixes some of the video issues and adds some special features (since the original 25 gb Blu-ray disc has not one special feature).

Watched The Shining [HD-DVD] last night. Outstanding video transfer, just awesome and a significant improvement over any past release. The movie itself is one of my favorites, and stacks up pretty well to the book (which I've read a couple of times). Jack Nicholson's performance is on point. Shelly Duvall is just fug. But I'm sure you all have seen this movie so I need not explain how awesome it is.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Watched Gone Baby Gone yesterday and absolutely loved it. A great directorial debut by Ben Affleck, I was very impressed. I was also impressed with Casey Affleck, he did a wonderful job in the lead role. I also thought Amy Ryan was great and was well deserved for the Oscar nomination she received. Ed Harris was awesome as always, and Morgan Freeman was, well, Morgan Freeman. Needless to say, this movie was very well acted! I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the movie before starting it, but it turned out to be excellent. The acting was top notch, as I mentioned, the direction was good, the story was great, there were plenty twists and turns, and the ending really makes you think. Glad I took the two hours out of my day to watch this film, worth every second.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I watched Donnie Brasco. I thought it was a good movie. Great acting from Johnny Depp and Al Pacino. I'd say it's one of the better crime drama films out there.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    I watched Donnie Brasco. I thought it was a good movie. Great acting from Johnny Depp and Al Pacino. I'd say it's one of the better crime drama films out there.
    Damn right it is ! "Fuh ged about it"

I just finished up a double header of The Big Lebowski and Over the Top...doesn't get much better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Watched The Shining [HD-DVD] last night. Outstanding video transfer, just awesome and a significant improvement over any past release. The movie itself is one of my favorites, and stacks up pretty well to the book (which I've read a couple of times). Jack Nicholson's performance is on point. Shelly Duvall is just fug. But I'm sure you all have seen this movie so I need not explain how awesome it is.
    You can't be serious; stands up well to the book?!!? Are you crazy?!?!? There is a reason why Stephen King has made public his hatred of the movie because it rapes the book to death. I've read the book several times and the movie is complete garbage compared to the book. The novel presented the gradual breakdown of the family whereas in Kubricks schlock, Nicholson is already crazy when the flick starts. I dunno, I could go on for pages about Kubricks changes and how his ego got the best of him, but i'll spare you. The TV mini series was FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR better, despite lacking kooky Jack Nicholson.

as for movies i've watched:

"Resident Evil: Extinction"- fun flick, but the whole Alice turning into Jean Grey thing irritated me quite a bit. And the ending was downright silly. rating- **1/2 out of ****

"D-War: DRagon Wars"- really really awful. Although, there are a few cool action sequences amongst the incredibly bad CGI- Rating * out of ****
    lastly, I watched "Gone Baby Gone" a few weeks back and really loved it. The performances were outstanding and the ending is quite interesting and is bound to get discussion going. I really loved the flick. Rating- ***1/2 out of ****

Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 03-09-2008 at 07:22 PM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

The only King adaptation worse than Kubrick's The Shining was the made-for-TV adaptation of The Shining. Though the made-for-TV adaptation of Salem's Lot came really close. Turning Father Callaghan into a somewhat villain, right when he was reintroduced in Dark Tower V? Huh?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The only King adaptation worse than Kubrick's The Shining was the made-for-TV adaptation of The Shining. Though the made-for-TV adaptation of Salem's Lot came really close. Turning Father Callaghan into a somewhat villain, right when he was reintroduced in Dark Tower V? Huh?
    How can the TV one be any worse? It actually followed the book to a T and presented King's story as it was supposed to be. Kubrick was an egomaniac, who is really overrated at best.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

The ending totally undermined it. It was King trying to turn it into a story about family, which it wasn't. It worked up until that point.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hmmm... maybe I need to re-read the book then. It has been about 8 or so years since I've last read it, but I thought (or so I thought) it did pretty well in comparison. Or maybe I am getting the comparisons mixed up with The Stand, and its made for TV movie/series, which I remember to be spot on as well. But I dunno... Gonna have to go back and re-think things, and re-read the book at some point too then. And just because Jack looks crazy, doesn't necessarily mean he is crazy; but it does make the character less believable and authentic when he "snaps", so to speak, so I can see your point. Maybe they should have re-cast that character in that regards, which I think King did want done, now that I think about it, but Nicholson still did a great job in my eyes.