Page 204 of 439 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 4390
    After reading about it over and over in my film classes, I finally watched Battleship Potemkin tonight. It was pretty interesting but nothing too amazing (nowadays, at least). It was notable back then for its use of editing to maximize the viewer's emotions, and for the particular use of montage. Apparently, the scene where the soldiers march down the stairs influenced the raid on the Jedi Temple in ROTS, though I'm not sure how true that is.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I thought it was pretty graphic for the times. At least that was my impression seeing babies and women annihilated.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

As for me, I just kept noticing the tricks they were doing during the falling of the baby. You could see a big metal arm holding onto the cradle and the shadow of the camera crew, so I was a little distracted.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

James Bond (Roger Moore) prevents arch-villain Hugo Drax from nerve-gassing Earth from space in the watchable 1979 film Moonraker. I think this movie was my first Bond film; and Roger Moore was 007 for me for many years. I remember seeing this one in theaters as a kid; I was probably drawn to the Star Warsy climatic space-battle at the end. Indeed, this movie owes a lot of inspiration to Star Wars in terms of set design. They even put the villain’s secret lair in the same Mayan pyramid seen in A New Hope. Bond is assisted by agent Holly Goodhead …ahem… played by Lois Chiles. This movie also features Richard Kiel as the hulking henchman with the metal teeth, "Jaws."

A wealthy rancher (Gene Hackman) relentlessly hunts the outlaws who kidnapped his wife (Candice Bergman) in the so-so 1971 western The Hunting Party. The gang’s illiterate leader nabs Bergman, mistaking her for a schoolmarm, with the intention of making her teach him how to read. Although he rapes her, she ends up falling in love with her kidnapper, as he’s actually more gentle than her husband, who has a sadomasochistic side towards women. Hackman and his friends use long range rifles to pick off the gang members one by one until only the leader and Bergman remain. Then Hackman shoots both and collapses.

Watched Semi-Pro last night. Jackie Moon rocks.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

t
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I watched The Shawshank Redemption last night.
    I've been meaning to watch that for a few weeks now, but haven't gotten around to it. It has been years since I've seen it.
    And now that I picked up the new paperback of Stephen King's short stories that have been turned into movies, I'm trying to decided if I want to read the story first.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

After hearing the dying confession of a thief, a bunch of people race to find stolen loot thought to be buried in a park under a "Big W" in the 1963 comedy It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. The movie is bit overlong at three hours (the original cut was reportedly an hour longer), but it does have some funny bits and features just about every living comedic actor and performer involved in show business past and present at the time. Sid Caesar, Milton Berle, Ethel Merman, and Spencer Tracy star.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    tI've been meaning to watch that for a few weeks now, but haven't gotten around to it. It has been years since I've seen it.
    And now that I picked up the new paperback of Stephen King's short stories that have been turned into movies, I'm trying to decided if I want to read the story first.
    My lady and I are going to that prison for a ghost hunt for our one year anniversary in march. I can't wait. THey filmed the scenes with Brooks' bedroom in the prison and the Brooks/Red was here is STILL there I believe. I need to find it.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"