Page 242 of 434 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 4333
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Watched Eraser and Maverick this week. 2 movies my wife had managed to miss back in the mid 90's.[/FONT]
    I'd argue she didn't miss anything.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    I'd argue she didn't miss anything.
    HEY!!!

Jodie Foster looked hot in Maverick!
    May the force be with you.

Watched The King of Kong with my new lady She really enjoyed it!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Hellboy II: The Golden Army. Everything a "popcorn" flick should be and dare I say it, has a plot that doesn't need to be explained via a prequal comic, director commentary, etc.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

A history of a typical English city (1936-2036) is told in the 1936 science fiction movie Things to Come. A global war in 1940 eases economic hardship but leads to nearly 30 years of social chaos and a worldwide pandemic, but the 1970 arrival of a group of airmen and their magnificent flying fortresses brings a new world order based on peace and high-technology. By 2036 the city enjoys an utopian existence that is threatened by controversy over the first manned-space launch. Based on the story by H.G. Wells.

A scientist at a private company researching extrasensory perception trains a psychic to hunt down a powerful telekinetic (Michael Ironside) who explodes the heads of those psychics who refuse to join his underground group in the 1981 horror movie Scanners.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    HEY!!!

Jodie Foster looked hot in Maverick!
    [FONT=Courier New]Yes, she did indeed. I will always have a little bit of a crush on her character from that movie.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Note to self: keep an eye on Ando. Warn Secret Service if he starts purchasing multiple copies of The Catcher in the Rye.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Note to self: keep an eye on Ando. Warn Secret Service if he starts purchasing multiple copies of The Catcher in the Rye.
    [FONT=Courier New]HA![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I assure you I have no intentions of EVER trying to impress Jodie Foster.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The crush was on Annabelle, not the actress playing her.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Number 23, feat. Jim Carrey. Carrey plays a very simple man, an animal control officer by trade, named of Sparrow. During one of his dispatches he is bitten by a dog which causes him to be late in picking up his wife. His wife is in a book store and she finds a bound manuscript written by Topsy Kretts titled "Number 23". She reads it in its entirety while waiting for Sparrow and when Sparrow finally arrives she purchases it and gives to her husband to read. The manuscript is about a detective named "Fingerling" and Sparrow finds that not only does the author of Number 23 have a morbid fascination with the number, but the main character in the manuscript has a life that mimics his very own.

I'm not a big Jim Carrey fan. He was fresh when he first started out, but he has this tendancy to play the same character in all his movies, much like Cruise plays boy toys in all his. There are some exceptions: Truman show comes to mind, and Cableguy was a departure from his other roles. Number 23 is not only a fine story, but it has Carrey at his absolutely best. I really hope that Carrey gets away from as goofy a roles and explores drama more. This movie demonstrates he is more than capable.

I'm also not a huge fan of Joel Schumacher. Escpecially after the direction of his two batman movies and his introduction of nipples on Batman and Robin's armor. 8mm was a shocker, was good, but was in poor taste. Number 23 finds a good medium between the two. What really stands out is the visuals. The story unfolds like a Noir popup book when Sparrow is reading the manuscript. And when Carrey's character acts in "real life" the colors are muted and hints at something inside that is torturing him. Very good film.

Dragonball Evolution: I knew it would suck. And it didn't disappoint. Had I never watched all the episodes of the Dragonball series, Z, GT, movies and so on, I think I would have enjoyed it only slightly more. The kid that played Goku sucked. Goku is not supposed to be Peter Parker in martial arts attire. And strangely thats the direction this version of Goku took. The movie was very short, just over an hour. But the charm of the cartoon, fights that were over-the-top, completely devastating, and drawn out to the point you want to pull your hair out, is completely lost. The whole point of Dragonball is that it sattired the WWF with scripted rivalries, changing alliances, rediculous finishing moves and fighters that make decisions that just **** you off. The scriptwriter doesn't get it. I still watch Raw because I know its scripted. Its like the male version of a soap opera. Completely rediculous. The Dragonball cartoon shares these traits. Evolution doesn't. Its rediculous for a totally different reason. Its just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by preacher View Post
    I'm also not a huge fan of Joel Schumacher.
    Most sane people aren't!

Try Phonebooth with Sutherland and Colin Ferrel....it actually is a good Schumacher film....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.