Page 249 of 427 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 4262
    "Paprika"- This animated japanese film is about a dream therapy device that is stole and soon begins to wreak havoc on not only the dream world, but reality as well.

I will say that I loved the animation/art of this flick. It's really gorgeous and a lot of the sequences are amazing. Sadly, the story is really, REALLY confusing at times. I wasn't sure what was going on half of the time and the narrative doesn't help as they jump around from the dream world to reality without much help.

Again, the animation is fantastic. It's just a shame that the story wasn't as concise and clear. Rating- ** out of ****

"Paris, je t'aime"- This delightful film is made up for 18 short films that take place around Paris. Each segment is roughly five minutes long, and features different cast members, different diretors and obviously, a different story.

I really loved the bajesus out of this flick. I thought i'd have a problem with the short story style (get to that in a second), but most of the stories are wonderfully done and we're able to relate to most of the characters we come across.

There are a few low points though; the piece from Gus Van Sant comes to mind, but about 98% of these short films are fantastic. Also, the jilted and fast story telling techniques take a few to get used to, but once you do, you don't even notice the transitions. I really recommend this one. Rating- ***1/2 out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Today I watched "Donnie Darko" and "S. Darko"!

I had hoped the sequel would be as good as the original, no such luck.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    "Paris, je t'aime"- This delightful film is made up for 18 short films that take place around Paris. Each segment is roughly five minutes long, and features different cast members, different diretors and obviously, a different story.

I really loved the bajesus out of this flick. I thought i'd have a problem with the short story style (get to that in a second), but most of the stories are wonderfully done and we're able to relate to most of the characters we come across.

There are a few low points though; the piece from Gus Van Sant comes to mind, but about 98% of these short films are fantastic. Also, the jilted and fast story telling techniques take a few to get used to, but once you do, you don't even notice the transitions. I really recommend this one. Rating- ***1/2 out of ****

I picked this up a while ago when Best Buy had it on sale for $5, but have yet to watch it. The (kinda) sequel, New York, I Love You, will be out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Today I watched "Donnie Darko" and "S. Darko"!

I had hoped the sequel would be as good as the original, no such luck.
    The fact that it was a straight-to-dvd sequel didn't tell you beforehand?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Watched the Fall tonight...a visually arresting film that I'm surprised when under the radar...
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    The fact that it was a straight-to-dvd sequel didn't tell you beforehand?
    Ummm, no, because I didn't know it was straight to DVD.

Honestly, I don't go to movies much anymore, so I don't pay much attention to what's out. I usually just go to the local store and see what's out on DVD and assume I am 6 months behind the power curve.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Ummm, no, because I didn't know it was straight to DVD.

Honestly, I don't go to movies much anymore, so I don't pay much attention to what's out. I usually just go to the local store and see what's out on DVD and assume I am 6 months behind the power curve.
    Ok, you get a pass...this time.

Just finished Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001) from writer, director and star John Cameron Mitchell (Shortbus). This is a movie I've been meaning to see for a while now, but it's been out of print until recently, and I finally bought it when deepdiscount.com had their 25% off sale. It's based on the rock musical of the same name and is about "an ambitious glam-rocker who comes to America determined to find fame, fortune, and his 'other half.'"
    Good, slightly odd, film with a great original rock soundtrack.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Reunification Parts I&II of Star Trek: The Next Generation on SyFy (sic). Spock and Data working together? Trek-gasm!!!
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

A medical school professor (Peter Cushing) pays two street bums to supply him with fresh cadavers in the 1960 horror movie The Flesh and the Fiends. Donald Pleasance plays one of the "fiends" in this film, one of many adaptations of the Robert Louis Stevenson story "The Body Snatchers."

Detective John Dark and his partner Detective Shade hunt down criminals and bring them to justice outside the law using Shade’s vampiric symbiote in the awful 2005 horror movie Cold and Dark.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Milk. Yep, hands down, Sean Penn got his reward. Josh Brolin is suprisingly becoming the actor his father wishes he was.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

An English aristocrat (Richard Harris), bored with society life, yearns for the American west where he spent his youth, but upon his return, he finds his adoptive Indian tribe under the oppressive heel of a ruthless trapper and his gang in the okay 1976 western The Return of a Man Called Horse. Irvin Kershner (The Empire Strikes Back) directs.

The British bomb the German rocket base at Peenemunde during WWII but must send in undercover agents to infiltrate and take out an underground rocket test facility in the excellent 1965 thriller Operation Crossbow. George Peppard stars as one of the spies and Paul Henreid (Victor Laszlo in Casablanca) plays a German general. Also features a bit part with Sophia Loren.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)