Page 250 of 432 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 4318
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    A medical school professor (Peter Cushing) pays two street bums to supply him with fresh cadavers in the 1960 horror movie The Flesh and the Fiends. Donald Pleasance plays one of the "fiends" in this film, one of many adaptations of the Robert Louis Stevenson story "The Body Snatchers."
    AMC was showing this movie just this morning. I caught a bit of it.

Rob Zombie's Halloween. I watched it again to familarize myself with the premise in case one of my buddies wanted to see the sequel this weekend. It's not my favorite horror movie (love the original Halloween). I noticed a lot of bad editing shots throughout the movie, too.

I discovered this old WWII series called the World at War at the library. It was made in the 80s, I think, and uses a lot of news reel footage and interviews. Very interesting. I've watched about Stalingrad and the battle for Berlin, and am watching about D-Day.

Two guys (Peter Fonda & Dennis Hopper) make a big score selling drugs and take off on a cross-country motorcycle trip to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, meet a lot of strange people along the way -- some good, some bad -- and discover only intolerance and suspicion among redneck Southerners in the 1969 film Easy Rider. Jack Nicholson plays an alcoholic attorney who joins the men on their trip and music producer/convicted murderer Phil Spector has a bit part as the drug boss.

Two teens discover a giant arachnid living in a cave outside town and return with their high school teacher and the authorities to kill it in the fun 1958 science fiction film Earth vs. the Spider. Thought to be dead, the monster is put on display in the high school gymnasium, but it soon reanimates and attacks the town.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Knowing and Sunshine Cleaning.
    Knowing was 80% ok and 20% suck.
    Sunshine Cleaning was a good little film. Not as funny as the trailers/commercials made it out to be. More of a dramedy. And I couldn't help but think it could have worked better as a dramedy series on HBO/Shotime/USA/A&E/whatever.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Watched Terminator 2 for the first time in ages today. The movie has held up well...with the exception of Edward Furlong. That kid was friggin' horrible.

And in a weird coincidence, I watched it on the 12th Anniversary of Judgment Day (August 29, 1997).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I just finished The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. It was probably the best of the series, but a little too long. Pretty great overall, though.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I just finished The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. It was probably the best of the series, but a little too long. Pretty great overall, though.
    Just pretty great? It's a masterpiece! Another western on par with this one is Once Upon A Time in the West. It has a long running time too. Director Sergio Leone wanted Eastwood to star again but they couldn't agree on the actor's fee. Eastwood was a big star now and wanted more money for his work; Leone thought he had a lot to do with making Eastwood a star in the first place and was peeved that Eastwood wouldn't do the film for the less money. In the end, Leone hired Charles Bronson instead. Still, Once Upon a Time in the West is a fantastic film and one of the best westerns ever made. Even the film score is excellent; it was composed by Ennio Morricone, who also scored the dollars trilogy. Morricone was like the John Williams of Italian cinema.

---

Tourists staying at a historical-themed resort populated with life-like android people must fight to stay alive when the robots malfunction and turn on them in the watchable 1973 science fiction film Westworld. Richard Benjamin, James Brolin, and Dick Van Patten play tourists and Yul Brynner is the steely-eyed, Terminator-like, Old West android gunfighter. This film was written by Michael Crichton, who later revisited the idea of a controlled environment such as a theme park disintegrating into chaos in Jurassic Park. This movie also marked his directorial debut. Another interesting tidbit about this film is that the scenes in the “Roman World” theme section of the park were shot on the Beverly Hills estate of silent comic actor Harold Lloyd.

Two reporters (Peter Fonda & Blythe Danner) investigating a futuristic theme park populated by life-like android people uncover a plot to replace world leaders with flesh-and-blood replicants in the 1976 science fiction film Futureworld. This sequel to Westworld also features Yul Brynner in a cameo appearance reprising his role as the Old West gunfighter from the first film. This was also Brynner’s last film; he performed in stage productions on and off Broadway until his death 10 years later. Some of the film’s scenes were shot at the Johnson Space Center in Houston.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Come on man this movie kicks maximum butt!!!

I had the chance to see the restored version on the big screen last summer. I respect and enjoy that movie even more after that experience.

I think I was just a little too tired when I watched it. I saw it with my parents, and I had to keep waking them up, which always takes a little bit out of the viewing experience. Still, Blondie and Angel Eyes were insanely badass, and the score is amazing. I would like to see it again at some point. Same with Once Upon a Time in the West - people say it's Leone's best, but it was the first one I saw, and all the flaws were distracting; the same ones are present in his other films, but since I was ready for them, I didn't mind them. Also, we watched that in my film class, and I had pretty much hated my film professor by that point, and he was trumping it up so much that it annoyed me. So, again, I felt like I saw it under bad conditions and would like to revisit it some day.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The International is a pretty boring thriller with Clive Owen and Naomi Watts. Too linear and predictable to have any impact.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)