Page 257 of 432 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 4317
    I just finished watching "Square Pegs" the 1980's cult classic television show that finally arrived on DVD just over a year ago, it took me this long just to open it up and watch.

Great little series that died before it's time. Sure it was cheesy at times, but fun none the less. It's easy to see how Sarah Jessica Parker received such acclaim for her role. Much like Claire Danes in "My So Called Life" which I also own on DVD.

The best part of the series was the flash back to the early 1980's and how things kinda were back then, no computers, old school arcade games, the classic walkman, pastel colored clothing..

Great fun for any 80's fan.

"No way dude, I'm totally New Wave, totally."
    May the force be with you.

I got done watching Eagle Eye not all that long ago. It wasn't bad but to be honest it wasn't all that great either.

Just finished up Adventureland. Definitely not the comedy they advertised (more of a drama), but it was still an enjoyable flick with some humor in it.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Watched Year One. I thought it was pretty funny. We were gonna play Stabby Stabby Cut Cut
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I watched "Path to Paradise: The Untold Story of the World Trade Center Bombing".

This is one spooky film, made in 1997, it is a docudrama that lays out the story behind the first WTC attack. Throughout the film you hear these eerie little comments and at the end Peter Gallagher's character says "You can throw more agents on this, you can get more funding, but in the end, it's just too easy" then they show a clip of the bomber looking out at the WTC and he says "Next time, we will bring them both down".

Anyway, I found it to be an interesting film, with good information, I learned quite a bit about the first WTC attack, such as the informant that the FBI had working on the inside, and the follow up attacks they had planned. There were a number of targets around NYC they had planned to hit 5 minutes apart, boom, five minutes later boom, five minutes later boom, and so on.

Caught most of All the Right Moves the other night. Lea Thompson was HOT back-in-tha-day, and still not too bad today. lipsrsealed:
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Lea Thompson and Jennifer Jason Leigh, I can't think of one without thinking of the other.

Lea Thompson has held up better over the years, IMO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lea_thompson_alzheimers_night_sardis_2.0.0.0x0.608x912.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	21708   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	425.leigh.jennifer.110907.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	21709  

Yesterday I went to see It Might Get Loud, a documentary about Jimmy Page, Jack White, and The Edge, and their guitars. I liked it quite a lot. It would have been nice to have seen more of their conversation, but if you like any of these guys' music, then you'll like this movie.

I also saw a great deal of The Shining last night, though I missed a great deal of the beginning. I'd seen bits and pieces (ha!) before, and it was freaky as nuts. I'd like to see the whole thing sometime.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Which version of The Shining did you watch?

Jack was great in the original, but the re-make was much more detailed and well done, IMO.

Most Stephen King books transfer better to film when they are 6-8 hours long.

It
    The Tommyknockers
    The Stand
    The Langoliers
    The Shining
    Storm of the Century
    Rose Red
    Kingdom Hospital
    Desperation

Short films and regular movies are good, but the longer drawn out stuff really allows for the type of character development needed for a good King film. Just my 2 cents.

It was the original. You're right - Jack Nicholson was extremely creepy. The only thing I know about the remake is that it was shot at the Stanley hotel, which I've been to a few times (they also did at least the exterior of the hotel from Dumb and Dumber there, too). I think the only Stephen King book I've read is Misery, which I think translated well to the film.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram