Page 295 of 433 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 4329
    I just finished Step Brothers. Not the best movie of all time, but it was pretty damn funny. I liked it better than the other Ferrell-Reilly collaboration, Talladega Nights. It was pretty fun.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

May have to go back & rewatch 1969's True Grit with John Wayne(his Oscar winner, though many felt Dustin Hoffman should have won for Midnight Cowboy)...just found out the Coen Brothers are remaking it with Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn, and Matt Damon in the Glen Cambell role as the Texas Ranger.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I just finished Step Brothers. Not the best movie of all time, but it was pretty damn funny. I liked it better than the other Ferrell-Reilly collaboration, Talladega Nights. It was pretty fun.
    Better than Talladega Nights? Crap in a hat, that must be a true modern classic, then!

(In fairness, it seems from everyone I've talked to that one must have grown up around, or at least have lived around, the NASCAR belt to fully appreciate how sadly dead-on that movie was.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Better than Talladega Nights? Crap in a hat, that must be a true modern classic, then!

(In fairness, it seems from everyone I've talked to that one must have grown up around, or at least have lived around, the NASCAR belt to fully appreciate how sadly dead-on that movie was.)
    I gotta disagree. I thought "Step Brothers" was just awful, rarely funny. The end song was awesome though. I need to rip that to mp3. "Talladega Nights" is faaaaaaaaar funnier.

"Zombieland"- A hilariously fun zombie film with just a dash of romance and some great zombie action. Harrelson, Eisenberg, Stone, and Breslin have a great chemistry as a group. Harrelson and Eisenberg have some great scenes together and the cameo is too great for words and I really don't want to spoil it. It could've been a bit longer, but that's my only real gripe. If you're a fan of the genre, you'll love this flick. Rating- *** out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Or at least visited the south once or twice...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I thought Talladega Nights was better than Step Brothers (I liked Step Brothers, too don't get me wrong). But in 20 years, I will still probably rewatch TD.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I especially liked that John C. Relly has appeared in two NASCAR movies. One that was supposed to be serious and one that was utterly ridiculous. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I watched Step Brothers last night also, which had to be the 15th time I've seen it (at least). I never tire of this movie. My brother-in-law and I quote it endlessly, much to the annoyance of my wife and sister-in-law.

Talladega Nights was total *ss. It was a DVD blind buy since I missed it in theaters and I'm still p*ssed about it. Barely a chuckle in the entire movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    I gotta disagree. I thought "Step Brothers" was just awful, rarely funny. The end song was awesome though. I need to rip that to mp3.
    "The Impression That I Get" (by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones) and "Family Bible" (by Rick Logan) are the songs that play during the credits.
    Unless you meant "Boats 'n Hoes", which was during the movie.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

A widow (Jeanne Moreau) uses her guiles and various disguises to kill the men responsible for her newlywed husband’s death in Francois Truffaut’s improbable 1968 Hitchcockian thriller The Bride Wore Black. Features a score by Hitchcock alum Bernard Hermann.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    "Zombieland"- A hilariously fun zombie film with just a dash of romance and some great zombie action. Harrelson, Eisenberg, Stone, and Breslin have a great chemistry as a group. Harrelson and Eisenberg have some great scenes together and the cameo is too great for words and I really don't want to spoil it. It could've been a bit longer, but that's my only real gripe. If you're a fan of the genre, you'll love this flick. Rating- *** out of ****

I thought the way the cameo was handled was brilliant, I still chuckle about it when I think about it now. But I don't want to give anything away. I just recommend that everybody needs to watch this movie.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post

"The Impression That I Get" (by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones) and "Family Bible" (by Rick Logan) are the songs that play during the credits.
    Unless you meant "Boats 'n Hoes", which was during the movie.
    Oh, the song I love is the tune they perform at the end, I think it's "Time to Say Goodbye" with Reilly on drums and Ferrell on vocals. I found a way to rip audio from the youtube vids of it, but they have movie dialogue and stuff and I'd LOOOOOOOOVE clean copy. As I understand it, a clean version was never released.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I thought the way the cameo was handled was brilliant, I still chuckle about it when I think about it now. But I don't want to give anything away. I just recommend that everybody needs to watch this movie.
    me too. Especially towards the end of that part of the film, I laughed my arse off at what happened. Great stuff!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I saw Moon today and it was great. A really interesting story with some amazing acting moments (with Sam Rockwell playing against himself throughout the film). The moon rover also reminded me a lot of the Turbo Tank. Cool stuff all around.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram