Page 299 of 437 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 4363
    After the death of their parents, four vampire siblings eke out a living and lure transients, drifters, and other unsuspecting victims into their home to satisfy their bloodlust and ensure their survival in The Butcher Brothers’ okay 2006 horror film The Hamiltons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I saw Moon today and it was great. A really interesting story with some amazing acting moments (with Sam Rockwell playing against himself throughout the film). The moon rover also reminded me a lot of the Turbo Tank. Cool stuff all around.
    I just watched that today and really liked it. Here is my "official" blurb:

"Moon"- Interesting character driven piece with a terrific Sam Rockwell, who gives a great performance as Sam Bell, an astronaut nearing the end of his three year term while working for an energy company based off the moon. The film's big revelation comes very early, but the remainder of the film does a good job of explorer the idea of being human through emotions, thoughts, and actions. Kevin Spacey also has a voice role as GERTY, the robot that runs things on Sam's base and is essentially his only friend. The flick also features a great score by Clint Mansell. Very solid film. Rating- *** out of ****

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]I ordered this off of Amazon UK back in 2008(?) and it was just awful. I only bothered finishing it because I paid money to buy and ship it from overseas. Disappointing as all get out.[/FONT]
    Definitely agree. The cover made it look so epic and awesome and it was basically no better than a college student project. Just......awful.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I watched I Love You, Man last night and thought it was great. Hilarious and well made with a good story and great cast, so there you go.

In class we watched A Walk in the Clouds mainly for its production design. It certainly looked good but it was way cheesy and over the top. Meh.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Mexican villagers hire three clueless out-of-work silent movie cowboys (Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, and Martin Short) to protect their village from a bandito (Alfonso Arau) and his gang in John Landis’ 1986 western comedy Three Amigos! Features music by Randy Newman (who also voiced the Singing Bush) and the movie has bit parts by Joe Mantegna, Jon Lovitz, and Phil Hartman as Hollywood bigwigs.

In art class we watched The Shape of Things, which was a pretty crappy movie. It was written and directed by Neil LaBute, who also directed the hilariously bad 2006 Wicker Man. Why is he so anti-women? In both movies, the female characters are conniving, manipulative, and cruel beyond all reason, and I've heard the same is true in his other works.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I missed it in theaters so I watched Star Trek on DVD.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that parts were filmed in my fair county (we're a bit over 100 miles north of Hollyweird). We were "Iowa; and the location for the port where Kirk and Bones meet up on the shuttle to join the Star Fleet Academy; so far as I could tell.

Hollyweird likes our locales. Some of the movies filmed here through the years: Psycho, North By Northwest (Hitchcock liked us), Jurassic Park, Thelma and Louise, The X Files, Battle Star Galactica (TV series), The Andromeda Strain, The Mummy (1932), Stagecoach (1939), It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World, Five Easy Pieces, Attack of the 50 ft. Woman (the Daryl Hannah version...one of my colleagues was an extra), The Onion Field (which actually took place here), The Best of Times, The Grapes of Wrath, and more.

Actually, here's a website with the locations and movies from my area:
    http://www.setjettingkern.org/kernco...ielistings.htm
    Often there are calls for extras for the movies and once in a great while we have to provide security for location shoots.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    In both movies, the female characters are conniving, manipulative, and cruel beyond all reason, and I've heard the same is true in his other works.
    Maybe he's just going for a sense of realism...

"The Informant!"- Matt Damon is really great here, but sadly the rest of the film never really matches his bravado and attitude. For a film that is a satirical comedy, the film never really gets too funny and judging from the music, this is supposed to be viewed as a hilarious sendup of corporate america. Yet, the film never really reaches any big laughs. Still, Damon is solid, and Bakula and McHale do some good work as a pair of FBI agents. Rating- **1/2 out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

A special forces major (Arnold Schwarzenegger) and his team are duped by a CIA agent (Carl Weathers) into taking out a Central American guerrilla base and soon find themselves hunted by an alien creature on safari in the excellent 1987 science fiction film Predator. Co-stars Bill Sutton and former professional wrestler-turned governor Jesse Ventura.