Page 306 of 433 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 4322
    Hackman slapping Dafoe around physically & verbally is classic, right up there with his French Connection stuff. I just rewatched Memento recently.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Lost And Found: The Legacy Of The USS Lagarto. The Lagarto was one of 28 subs that was built in my hometown during WW II, she was sunk in the final month of the war, about 4 years ago she was found again in the Gulf of Sipan (Thailand). What I watched was a documentary of her story.

Flags For Our Fathers, with the 65th anniversary of the battle of Iwo Jima currently happening I thought Flags was an good choice.

An itinerant musician (Antonio Banderas) with a guitar case full of guns hunts for the drug boss who killed his girl and maimed him in Robert Rodriguez’s fun 1995 action film Desperado. The lovely Salma Hayek costars as a bookstore owner and Cheech Marin plays a bartender in a Mexican dive. Also features Steve Buscemi and Quentin Tarantino in small bit parts.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I watched Men of Honor tonight, Navy Diver.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

A mercenary (Yul Brynner) is hired to help Mexican revolutionaries capture a gold shipment from a corrupt Austrian colonel during the reign of Emperor Maximilian in the okay 1970 western Adios, Sabata.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

After paying a witch to cast a spell on his unfaithful wife and kill her unborn child, a man discovers his destiny and learns of an otherworldly society consisting of the forces of good and evil balanced precariously on an uneasy truce in the 2004 Russian horror movie Night Watch. I watched the sequel to this movie some time last year so it was nice to finally see the first one and learn how the story began. q.v. Day Watch (2006).

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    After paying a witch to cast a spell on his unfaithful wife and kill her unborn child, a man discovers his destiny and learns of an otherworldly society consisting of the forces of good and evil balanced precariously on an uneasy truce in the 2004 Russian horror movie Night Watch. I watched the sequel to this movie some time last year so it was nice to finally see the first one and learn how the story began. q.v. Day Watch (2006).
    I've seen "Night Watch" but still need to view "Day Watch." I enjoyed the first flick a while ago and liked it for the most part. Very interesting and unique story with cool visuals (the blood/dripping subtitles were a great idea).

"The Book of Eli"- Interesting premise and it does feature some good shots of an apocalyptic America, but overall the film is way too disjointed and clunky for my tastes. I never really understood Gary Oldman's character and what he wanted the "book" for and the ideas surrounding the good/bad about the "book" went nowhere. I did enjoy the music score though and I didn't see the twist ending coming at all........, but still, just not a well executed flick. Rating- ** out of ****
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I went and watched Cop Out last night. It was pretty funny but a bit long as well. It was only an hour and fifty minutes but the majority of the jokes took a bit to set up (the previews from TV literally happen in the first 5 minutes).
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I watched Malcolm X.

The turbulent 50's and 60's, man...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull!

I like this movie more with each viewing.