Page 308 of 435 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 4348

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I watched Full Metal Jacket. "Do you think that's funny, Private Joker?"

"Hell, I like you. I like you a lot. Maybe I'll come over to your house and screw your sister."
    I just watched Platoon.

"Everybody dies."
    Both phenomenal movies! You should have participated in our Academy Awards Movie Challenge Tycho...
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Saw Alice in Wonderland in 3-D yesterday. Even for a Tim Burton film, this was weird. I think combining Carroll's curiouser style with Burton's oddity is a potentially deadly concoction. But it was really good. Slow at first, got a bit jumbled up and meandering, then came together and ended quite well. Visually striking, as most CGI films are now, of course.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Pandorum not too bad of a Science fiction flick.

I watched Casualties of War. In Vietnam, a sergeant (Sean Penn) and members of his squad kidnap a Vietnamese teenage girl to repeatedly rape and eventually kill as they trek through the jungle. Married team member Michael J. Fox objects and sets in motion his own plan to free her, all the while aware that his sergeant saved his life from the NVA and he owes the men his life.

This is based on a true story.

In light of the continuing rape-murders in our domestic life, man's nature never shocks me. There were times in Vietnam (as in all wars) where it got a chance to get loose and unrestrained. (The young soldiers in the film were previously restricted to base camp so they couldn't act on their plans to go into town to get themselves prostitutes.) This movie is about Michael J. Fox trying to get justice.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I watched Hamburger Hill.

Welcome to the meat grinder, gentlemen. Have a nice stay in Vietnam!

How the Vietnamese dug out tunnels and were right underneath the American positions was nerve rattling. I'd hate to be assigned "tunnel rat" if I were a GI.

The Japanese did this on Iwo Jima as well. I'm sure that in the Far East they were tunnel and cave fighting for a long, long time.

Osama Bin Laden is not original.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tonight I watched We Were Soldiers with Mel Gibson and Sam Elliot.

A good movie about the American soldier's changing experience with the Vietnam War, but Mel Gibson seems to insist on there being too much of his religion put into all his more recent films. Now how come he can only act like a Christian in front of a camera but lives a life of hypocrisy in his real life?

Probably because he fits in perfectly with my own suspicions about everyone else who prostelitizes as well.

But We Were Hypocrites Soldiers is a good movie worthy of any Vietnam collection.

It's called Confession, then you can do what sins you want till you wipe them away with another "forgive me father for I have sinned"

Tonight I watched We Were Soldiers with Mel Gibson and Sam Elliot.

A good movie about the American soldier's changing experience with the Vietnam War, but Mel Gibson seems to insist on there being too much of his religion put into all his more recent films. Now how come he can only act like a Christian in front of a camera but lives a life of hypocrisy in his real life?

Probably because he fits in perfectly with my own suspicions about everyone else who prostelitizes as well.

But We Were Hypocrites Soldiers is a good movie worthy of any Vietnam collection.
    I never saw the movie, but I read the great book We Were Soldiers Once... And Young on which it was based. It was required reading in a VietNam War course I took years ago. There was not much in the way of religion in the book, which was mostly a narrative account.

Gotta be on your guard when Gibson dabbles in history, usually making it Mel-story instead.