Page 316 of 440 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 4392
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I finally got around to seeing Clash of the Titan (as it said on my movie ticket)... in 2-D! I could tell exactly which parts became 3-D, and just to mess with the people around me, I reached out to "touch" the screen during those times.

I liked it... loved the Bobo part, and the comic relief scenes were chuckle-worthy. Good action scenes, but most of them were so fast and chop edited at times, I had to guess at what was happening. Also liked the homage to the stop-motion scorpions when the last one died, and its tail had the same movements as the '80s FX would have. Nothing interesting at all about the credits roll, unfortunately.
    I've seen both the 2-D and 3-D versions, and besides the fight in the desert and the Kraken scene at the end, there really is no difference.

Speaking of Clash of the Titans, I want a toyline based on this remake. There are some great opportunities for some cool figures and playsets.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Smokey and the Bandit, Dirty Harry, Magnum Force and the Enforcer. I've watched these movies countless times on TV over the years, but never uncut/unedited until recently. I bought the two-disc Dirty Harry collection last week. The Dirty Harry movies, particularly Dirty Harry, surprised me by the amount of little scenes/dialogue that had been edited out. And I finally saw the sixth shot, which is never shown on broadcast TV!

I watched "Sherlock Holmes" the other day. Good movie, Robert Downey Jr. did a good job of creating a new take on an old character. Hollywood, of course, left it open for a sequel. Jude Law was awesome as Watson and Rachel McAdams was hot!
    May the force be with you.

I saw Donnie Darko over the last few days. It was pretty good, but maybe after hearing how great it was for the last nine years, it didn't live up to any kind of hype. It seemed a little heavy-handed throughout most of the film, but it was okay.

Today I saw The 40-Year-Old Virgin for the first time and thought it was great. Pretty hilarious stuff all around, and really well done.

Tonight I saw Mystery Team, by Derrick Comedy (featuring Donald Glover from Community). It was pretty funny. There were a lot of shots where the focus was bad, so that was distracting and took away from the overall quality of the film a bit. But the comedy was all solid, anyway.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I saw Donnie Darko over the last few days. It was pretty good, but maybe after hearing how great it was for the last nine years, it didn't live up to any kind of hype. It seemed a little heavy-handed throughout most of the film, but it was okay.
    I agree it is a decent movie but it is HIGHLY overhyped. I'd place in the same category of overhyped movies as Boondock Saints. The people that adore those movies are the same people that say they like KoRn before they became popular too...

I watched The Godfather again last night. I also watched the remake of The Last House on the Left again. I accidentally bought the remake and haven't watched it but I may sit down to do just that tomorrow night.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I saw Anchorman for the first time today. It was pretty damn funny, though I've heard most of the jokes since its release several years ago.

Stay classy, JJL.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Ultimatum.
    No Supremacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I saw Anchorman for the first time today. It was pretty damn funny, though I've heard most of the jokes since its release several years ago.
    How are you just now seeing Anchorman, and 40 YOV for the first time?!?!?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    How are you just now seeing Anchorman, and 40 YOV for the first time?!?!?
    I could say "it just never happened" at the risk of sounding like the 40-year-old virgin himself. My mom's not too into raunchy stuff, so watching 40 Year Old Virgin at home would have been a no-go. Apparently my parents saw Anchorman several years ago but I don't know why I didn't; guess I was gone or doing something else at the time. But the wrongs have been righted.