Page 336 of 435 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 4349
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    On USA network yesterday: two out of the three Pirates of the Caribbean flicks during their marathon (caught just the very end of The Black Pearl). This series easily is in my top five musical soundtracks of all time!

He's a pirate!
    I completely agree. I downloaded the soundtracks from I-Tunes and have them at work.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I've had the opportunity to see some classics on the big screen in the last few weeks at different summer movie series: the Wild Bunch, The Trouble with Harry, and To Catch a Thief. All of them were highly enjoyable.

At home I watched the Return of Dracula and the Vampire, two 50s United Artist horror flicks. Not bad.

A Fished Called Wanda on BBC America.

I haven't seen that wacky movie in years and forgot how much I like it. Also, for some reason, it made me think how Jamie Lee Curtis might have made a good Princess Leia......
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    A Fished Called Wanda on BBC America.

I haven't seen that wacky movie in years and forgot how much I like it. Also, for some reason, it made me think how Jamie Lee Curtis might have made a good Princess Leia......
    Great movie! I used Kevin Kline's a-hole line several times a week while driving.

Knight and Day. I'm not a Cruise fan, but he was very enjoyable in this movie. Good action flick.

Unforgiven. A great western, especially the last 15 minutes.

Singin' in the Rain. I'd never seen it, and had taped a bunch of old movies on the DVR a while back that I'd never gotten around to watching. To have space for some new stuff I wanted to tape (it's about half full of Brave and the Bold episodes I keep because Chux Jr loves watching them over and over and over and over), I queued it up today. I knew it was supposed to be one of the best movies ever made, but figured that was entirely on technical qualifications, and also thought it was considered a musical comedy more because it was light-hearted rather than actually funny. I was suprised, as this was an excellent movie on all counts and honestly made me laugh out loud a few times. I'd have to dock it a half-star, though, because there's one dance number that isn't connected directly to the plot of the movie and goes on for what seems like thirty minutes too long, throwing off the pacing.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Today I saw Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. It was interesting visually, and pretty fun, though not the greatest thing ever. The unique style lent itself well to the action scenes, but less so to the dialogue scenes, where it was more distracting than fun. I'm not familiar with the comics, so I don't know how much of it was taken from there.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Pirate Radio. Thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I'm going to research the rock 'n' roll ban in Britain at the time, cause it sounds like an interesting subject. Great soundtrack, too.

The Expendables. Great throwback to the classic 80s action movies. This is the first movie in a long time that I'd pay to see again first-run.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Today I saw Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. It was interesting visually, and pretty fun, though not the greatest thing ever. The unique style lent itself well to the action scenes, but less so to the dialogue scenes, where it was more distracting than fun. I'm not familiar with the comics, so I don't know how much of it was taken from there.
    Saw Scott Pilgrim today and absolutely loved it. I saw a matinee at 11 in the morning, so I was poised NOT to like it on principle, but it completely entertained me. This film is easily the most fun I've had at the movies all year, if not longer. Edgar Wright delivers yet another hilarious film.