Page 348 of 426 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 4258
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJediGirl View Post
    I watched "The Crazies" tonight. Very interesting but also kind of your typical outbreak movie.
    Need to check out the original. It captures the feel of the unrest and paranoia of the early 70s real well.

Battle of Britain, Cross of Iron. Two great WWII movies. Cross of Iron was Sam Peckinpah's only WWII movie, and it's set on the Eastern Front.

Shrek Forever After. Not as good as the first. But tied for Shrek 2. By far the darkest themed of the Shrek movies. And the way the story unfolded really left me wondering what the point of Shrek the Third was. I really liked how Rumplestilskin explained why the deal he and Shrek made wouldn't produce a paradox and had made the "Back to the Future-esque" parallel universe. It made sense and heightened the Urgency for Shrek to fix things.

Despicable Me. Steve Carrel (sp?) is awesome in this. There are so many great lines especially between Dr Nefario and Gru. "I wanted Cookie robots! Not Boogie robots!" Gru's inventions were so over the top and rediculous but I excepted the fact that nobody noticed them. If only I had a car like his. My one minor complaint is that the relationship between Gru and his adopted girls seemed very rushed. Maybe one more scene sequence of Gru spending time with the kids would have satisfied me.

Last night I saw Treasure of the Sierra Madre. I thought I read that Indiana Jones' appearance was based on Humphrey Bogart's character, which was close but not exact; he at least had the fedora, so there's that. It was quite enjoyable, and I didn't know much about it going in to it, so I didn't expect it to involve Bogart's character being driven mad by gold. Pretty fun overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Last night I saw Treasure of the Sierra Madre. I thought I read that Indiana Jones' appearance was based on Humphrey Bogart's character, which was close but not exact; he at least had the fedora, so there's that. It was quite enjoyable, and I didn't know much about it going in to it, so I didn't expect it to involve Bogart's character being driven mad by gold. Pretty fun overall.

"Badges? Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that. Somehow I thought that line was from something completely different, so it was a cool surprise to hear it here.

Watching "Imagine: John Lennon". It's an amazing documentary made in 1988 and "narrated" by John himself from 100 hours of interviews and archival footage. Really an amazing film.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post

They totally stole that line from UHF's "Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers!" one.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I'm ashamed to say I watched Santa Clause Conquers the Martians last night. (I think it was on AMC).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SantaClausConquers.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	23922  
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Ashamed? I own Santa Claus Conquers The Martians on DVD!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Been trying to catch up on Stargate Universe episodes on the web. This is my favorite of the Stargate series. You can tell it was heavily influenced by the newer Battlestar Galactica.

To bad the news is the series is cancelled. Though we get some more episodes in the spring. Maybe because BSG: Blood and Chrome is coming up on SyFy?

What's the future of the Stargate franchise I wonder?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"