Page 350 of 431 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 4309
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    We've been re-introducing my sister-in-law to the OT and PT. She's now into religion/mysticism stuff now and wants to digest Lucas' slant on the Universe. We've seen (in her requested order) Eps. IV, V, VI, I, and II. Ep. III is on tap for tonight if time allows. My wife's bother and his clan are due in today. We'll see how that goes.
    History International replayed the great Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed the other day, with all the mythological and biblical stuff. If you don't have it recorded somewhere, keep an eye out for it. It seems like she'd dig it.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    History International replayed the great Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed the other day, with all the mythological and biblical stuff. If you don't have it recorded somewhere, keep an eye out for it. It seems like she'd dig it.
    Yes, I saw that it was on then. The timing was just off for her to see it. I will have to keep the DVR primed for the next time it's on. Thanks, RB!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Finally saw Inception....wow. And got the special collectors edition of Avatar.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

A-Team - Actually a pretty good action flick. I was suprised how the flick managed to retain some of the TV series' plot devices (most notably the over-the-top contraptions and conning BA into getting onto planes) but at the same time infuse its own personality and remained grounded in some reality. Yes there were some far-fetched moments. VERY far-fetched. But it still managed to remain fun to watch. It felt like a Mission Impossible movie. At least the first MI movie. Not that dog puke of a sequel.

Murdock was the only character I felt was given a disservice. The other three seemed to have equal play time and developed characterization.

Salt - If you liked the Bourne movies, you'll like Salt. I'm not a huge Angelina Jolie fan. But she played her part very well. There were even some surprising moments that allowed her to flex her acting chops. This is not a James Bond espionage flick. Like I said its akin to Bourne. If you didn't like Bourne you probably won't like Salt.

While browsing Hulu for something to watch I stumbled upon Valerian & Lauraline. Entertaining to watch. There are 40 animated episodes. Got to 22 so far.
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/196628/val...0,vepisode,1,0

I thought some of the elements of this series looked a lot like Star Wars and a few other films like The Fifth Element. Come to find out that even though the cartoon series debut was in the 90's, the French authored comic book came out in the 60's and they used some of these ideas in the animated series.

Just who influenced who?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I noticed that, and my rewind feature only got me to the first minute in, but I got it recorded. The SW:Hardware (or whatever it was called: the one about the ships and technology) made it to DVD, but not this one?!? I was frustrated to learn that. Oh well, I can try to "make" my own off the DVD-R version (with commercials! ) and just keep it in Playlist/My Shows form.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I noticed that, and my rewind feature only got me to the first minute in, but I got it recorded. The SW:Hardware (or whatever it was called: the one about the ships and technology) made it to DVD, but not this one?!? I was frustrated to learn that. Oh well, I can try to "make" my own off the DVD-R version (with commercials! ) and just keep it in Playlist/My Shows form.
    I'm hoping (but not expecting) The Legacy Revealed makes the Blu-Ray box set.

Watched the Banksy/street art documentary Exit Through The Gift Shop. Not nearly as good as the hype I've heard, but watchable nonetheless.
    DOMINATE!

Watched the Banksy/street art documentary Exit Through The Gift Shop. Not nearly as good as the hype I've heard, but watchable nonetheless.
    I've been following his work for about 3 years. I think once it gets explained though, it becomes a little less interesting.

Saw Tron tonight. A little slower than I expected and not really for kids (too much thinking for small children).
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I saw The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader last week. This was my second favorite book of the Narnia series when I was a kid (A Horse and His Boy being my favorite), but I always knew that it would be a tough film to make since there is no real villain for the story. So I was expecting it to suffer a bit as a stand alone film; however, enough of my favorite scenes from the book made it into the film that I was reasonably happy with it. Also the kid chosen to play Eustace did a great job. A very different take on the character from what I imagined in the book, but he managed to be annoying without being completely unlikable.

Also, Reepicheep has been one of my all-time favorite literary characters ever since I read the books back in high school; so it was great to see him portrayed so well in the film.

I just wish the merchandising for the Narnia franchise was more successful, I would love to have a life-sized Reepicheep figure.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    I've been following his work for about 3 years. I think once it gets explained though, it becomes a little less interesting.
    I love the fine arts, especially Pop Art, so I figured I'd love the film, especially after the hype around it. And I'd heard of Banksy, but only vaguely familiar with his work.
    But I also think the questionable credibility of the film lingered in the back of my mind and may have had an impact on my enjoyment of it.
    DOMINATE!