Page 351 of 427 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 4262
    Gulliver's Travels. It was fun, clearly not book-specific (robots, pop songs, dance numbers, orafice humor, et al), and a nice doesn't-have-to-make-total-logical-sense escape film (the ones I prefer). I could predict (in a good way) many of the gags and comments just before they appeared on screen. Loved the numerous Star Wars references (especially the theater performance). And the morning matinee discounted $6 price made it even better.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Papillon - It's quite long and the prison scene feels like it takes forever, but that's kind of the point. Pretty interesting; I didn't know this story before so I wasn't expecting the twist.

The Road - They keep surviving just to eat just to survive. I guess this would happen in a scenario like this, but I just wasn't feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The Road - They keep surviving just to eat just to survive. I guess this would happen in a scenario like this, but I just wasn't feeling it.
    The film left a lot to be desired. Most of the book is there onscreen, but it lacked the impact.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Resident Evil: Afterlife
    Knight and Day
    Vampire's Suck

That is all.
    May the force be with you.

Also I am renting "Machete" and will post a quick review when I am done watching.

I just finished watching "Machete"!

Awesome flick, Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez were super hot! That drug addict chick was not so great.

If you love the old school seventies cinema retro feel, then this is another one, right up there with "Death Proof" better in fact.

Valkyrie - It's a very interesting story, but the movie tells it in a very un-cinematic way. Just watch a documentary on it instead.

News of the day at work which consists of an Arizona Congresswoman shot and in critical condition.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Over the past week or so I have watched Inception, She's Out of My League and Easy A. I very much enjoyed all three films.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Restrepo (via Netflix Watch Instantly), a documentary that chronicles the deployment of a platoon of U.S. soldiers in Afghanistans Korengal Valley.
    Really good, powerful stuff that gives you a good look at what these guys face on a daily basis on the front lines.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!