Page 353 of 435 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 4349
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    ^That movie is one of 4 Costner films I'll watch anytime (Field of Dreams, Bull D, and DWW the other three).
    What no Waterworld?

Honestly, I would add Robin Hood to that list.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Never heard of this one. Is this on DVD or cable? I'd like to track this down....sounds very interesting.
    I saw it via Netfix's Watch Instantly.

I f*cking love Watch Instantly!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    What no Waterworld?

Honestly, I would add Robin Hood to that list.
    I still like Waterworld and The Postman. Sure they're preachy post apocalyptic, but highly entertaining still.

Browsing Youtube for some B-17 Flying Fortress WWII footage I came across The War Lover with Steve McQueen and Robert Wagner. You can watch most of it there though I think they are missing some of the romance parts of the story which would explain McQueen's character's one crazy mofo attitude.
    It's got him buzzing an airfield at low level in anger in a four engine bomber.
    I don't think this kinda flying footage has been topped on film anywhere before or since. Even though it's B&W the story is quite good. http://www.google.com/search?client=...fa629a7c4b3012
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Polar Storm, it was on SyFy today. Very crusty, long story short an asteroid hits the earth and the earth's magnetic system goes screwey. So to fix this a scientist goes to the bottom of the Marianas (sp?) trench in a Russian diesel sub and detonates two 50 killatown nukes. Did they survive you ask? Yup, they 'rode' a thermal vent up thus avoiding the shockwave.

The last half of Speed. I would imagine that this film today a) would just HAVE to be in 3-D, b) not be made due to the public attacks/terrorism motif in it, c) would've replaced most of the physical effects with CGI, thereby taking away from the suspense, d) would've been primed for a sequel.

[whisper, whisper] Really? [whisper, whisper] On a BOAT?!?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Rocketboy mentioned "This Film is Not Yet Rated" so last night I went ahead and watched it on Netflix.

It was okay, pretty interesting. Though it was obvious that the film makers had their own agenda from the start. Still there was some good stuff in there about the MPAA, the appeals process, etc.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    The War Lover with Steve McQueen and Robert Wagner.
    Thanks for this! Odd that I've never seen nor heard of this before given my advanced age and penchant for things WWII. How can it be that I've missed this? Now I need to track it down to see it all.

[edit] I just looked it up and saw that it was an UK-produced feature which may be the reason I haven't seen it before...it may not have been too popular on this side of The Pond and has resided over there...
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I watched Iron Man and Transformers today. I also watched both of the football games and some Storage Wars.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Just saw The Green Hornet. It was ok.
    Seth Rogen and Cameron Diaz are definitely the weak spots in the cast. Jay Chou and Chrisoph Waltz were far better.
    The script and pacing both have some issues.
    The 3D wasn't bad. I've heard its the best post-converted 3D yet, but I haven't seen any other post-converted films, so I can't compare.
    Despite my problems with it, I'm not mad that I saw the movie. There are some cool action scenes and some good comedy.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I watched Iron Man and Transformers today. I also watched both of the football games and some Storage Wars.
    You almost stole my TV watching day (no SW seen), Slick! Were you switching between TNT and FX?
    "That's what Sheev said."