Page 356 of 439 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366406 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 4390
    "Louie, the Lilac"

Every bit as awesomely ridiculous as I remember.

"Some day, I'm going to control the flower market of the entire world! And with it, the Flower Generation!"

O yes.

(I always wonder if it's a sign of schizophrenia if Louie is one of my favorite Batman villains, though I'm such a "realistic Batman purist" that I can't stand him being in the Justice League.)
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 02-06-2011 at 02:27 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I watched Easy A and Paper Man over the weekend. I didn't realise that Emma Stone was in both of them when I pulled them to the top of my Netflix queue. I really enjoyed both of them and I have to add that I'm glad that I saw both of them on the same weekend. I now have a huge appreciation for the talents of Ms Stone. I'll be keeping an eye on her going forward. Well done!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I watched Easy A and Paper Man over the weekend. I didn't realise that Emma Stone was in both of them when I pulled them to the top of my Netflix queue. I really enjoyed both of them and I have to add that I'm glad that I saw both of them on the same weekend. I now have a huge appreciation for the talents of Ms Stone. I'll be keeping an eye on her going forward. Well done!!!
    Yes, Emma Stone is quite talented, I suspect she will go far. I really enjoyed Easy A, despite the standard romantic comedy aspect of the film. She really made the movie.

On a side note, I watched Green Bay beat the Steelers last night.

I also recently watched "Saw VII" which was awesome!

Finally, I started watching "Dark Skies" the old TV show from the 90's. It wasn't quite as good as I remember, though still entertaining.

I began watching "The Girl Who Kicked the Hiornet's Nest" but wasn't into it, so I will need to begin again. It is an excellent series, but foreign films are those things you have to be ready to watch, if you are distracted at all you lose it.
    May the force be with you.

Black Sunday and Two-Minute Warning. I watch these two 70s movies every year on Super Bowl weekend.

Juggernaut. A mad bomber planted numerous unique bombs on a transatlantic cruise ship, and it's up to Richard Harris and his bomb disposal unit to disarm them. A lot of well-known British actors (and future SW alum) are in this 70s flick: Anthony Hopkins, Ian Holm, Julian Glover.

Although watching Rocky V was tempting on AMC :eyesroll:, I instead decided to go with Just Friends.

I watched Couples Retreat the other day. All in all another solid movie from team Vaughn/Favreau.

Went to the dollar theater and saw Unstoppable. That was a great movie. Denzel Washington was great. I'm really starting to like Chris Pine. Hoping news will come out soon on a sequel to Star Trek.

Just finished up Winter's Bone, bringing my Best Picture viewing tally to 8/10.
    Dark, depressing, but very well acted flick. Well deserved nomination for Jennifer Lawrence.

I'll finish up the nominees by watching The Kids Are Alright on DVD tomorrow afternoon, followed by 127 Hours at the theater tomorrow evening.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Over the past few days (in order):
    Dirty Harry
    Magnum Force
    The Enforcer
    Sudden Impact

I was in the mood for cop fairy tales....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Over the past few days (in order):
    Dirty Harry
    Magnum Force
    The Enforcer
    Sudden Impact

I was in the mood for cop fairy tales....
    Oh, I still need to watch The Enforcer and Sudden Impact. I wonder why The Dead Pool isn't sold alongside the first four?

As to recently watched:
    *The Balloonatic, Go West, and The Cameraman - Two Buster Keaton shorts and one of his features, in my American independent cinema class. The first two were produced independently with The Cameraman being under MGM, to show the differences. They were all pretty funny and hold up well.
    *Shadows - A movie by John Cassavetes, also in the same class. It was sort of improvised and had a loose, unstructured feel, which was more interesting than maybe it sounds. Pretty good.
    *Blade Runner - They were going to watch a somewhat related movie in the indie film class, though I missed it thanks to a screwy alarm clock. I wanted to refresh myself on this one, and hopefully see a different version, though we ended up with the same 1992 "Director's Cut" version I had already seen. I liked it better this time, though some of it is still a little hard to follow.
    *The Big Lebowski - Everyone's always saying great things about this, though I had never seen it before. I enjoyed it quite a lot. I wouldn't call it the greatest ever (as many people seem to revere it), but it was definitely fun.
    *General Spanky - An "Our Gang" feature set in the Civil War. There was some pretty racist stuff, but I guess nothing unexpected given the time and content. Still fairly fun, though it was weird having the Union be the antagonists.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram