Page 362 of 435 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 4349
    I just finished watching "Cool It". The documentary by Bjorn Lomborg. This movie is awesome!

Every environmentalist should see this film. It really puts things into perspective.
    May the force be with you.

Missed the beginning, but saw the rest of Apocalyto. I might try to catch it later, from start to finish, some time.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Over the week end...

Beverly Hills Chihuahua with my niece and nephew. The Disney formula for movies hasn't changed much since I was a kid.

2001: A Space Odyssey...still as good as I first saw it many, many years ago.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

The King's Speech - very well made and I can see why it won best picture. It seems like such a trivial thing to base an entire movie on, but the film gives great insight into the lives of the Royal Family and how they can actually have less freedom than "commoners" and all of their privileges can be just as much of a curse as a benefit.

Good - Viggo Mortensen plays a German academic who fundamentally disagrees with what the Nazis stand for, but unintentionally ends up strengthening their cause and becoming one of them. The story shows the progression of how someone can enable evil without actually being evil. The film itself is a little rough around the edges though. It jumps around a lot and is awkwardly edited in parts making it more difficult to follow than necessary. Worth watching once.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Gunga Din (1939). An interesting tale of British soldiers in Colonial India. Cary Grant plays one of the soldiers.

Alvarez Kelly. William Holden is a cattle man who's blackmailed by Confederate Richard Widmark to steal the herd of cattle Holden just delivered to the Union.

Virginia City. Union spy Errol Flynn has to stop Confederate Randolph Scott from delivering $5 million in gold to the Confederacy. What caught my attention about this flick was Humphrey Bogart played a Mexican bandit!

Monte Walsh (1970). An interesting western with Lee Marvin about cowboys in the changing times.

Grand Prix. A James Garner flick about the racing circuit from the 1960s.

How did this weekend get considered Horror Central? As I trolled the cable channels in the evening, here's what was on (I did not watch any of them, just saw clips as I surfed)... The Sixth Sense, American Psycho, Sisters (a 70s flick with a younger Margot Kidder), Children of the Corn: Some New Subtitle Version), and I stopped remembering after that.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 05-23-2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: grammar error
    "That's what Sheev said."

Last night I watched "The Green Hornet".

Good movie, very funny, but Britt's character was a bit too much of an a-hole for my taste.
    May the force be with you.