Page 371 of 433 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 4326
    I watched Friends With Benefits. Not bad for a romantic comedy.

I also watched a couple of the Star Wars documentaries from my Blu-ray set.

Star Warriors: Makes me want to buy my own Stormtrooper armor and join the 501st.

The Making of Star Wars: Always fun to go back and watch old interviews with cast/crew I laughed when Mark talked about Leia, not wanting her to end up with Han.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I watched Super 8 and The Change Up.

Super 8 was pretty good. The Change Up was funny but as with any of these type of movies it was a bit predictable.
    I though Super 8 was really good. Kind of like J.J. Abrams' take on ET (if ET was a giant who ate people).

Change Up looks really predictable to me, so I don't really have much interest in seeing it.

Cowboys vs. Aliens comes out on DVD tonight, so I'm looking to rent that one here in the next couple of days. I actually want to see The Help as well.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I may have seen, straight through, Life of Brian for the first time, after snippits here-and-there in the past. Not quite Holy Grail funny, but the satire and social commentary were much stronger.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I finally got around to seeing the new(st) Star Trek movie last night...I thought it was ok, but I wasn't blown away by it.

The Wrestler, I thought it was good, kinda sad since it was based on guys I watched growning up as a kid.

Just watched "The Hangover Part II"!

Every bit as good as the first!
    May the force be with you.

The sequel film, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. It was very good, especially the pre-fight flash forwards and a new POV while running (in the escape scene through the forest). A little hard to follow the fast paced Holmes/Watson dialogue at times, but that's the point. I want that soundtrack, not excuses, captain. And the woman two rows behind us gave a wonderfully simple running commentary (such as: "ooh, look!" or "oh no!" or "yeah, that's the..." ).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Recently watched Tucker & Dale vs. Evil and I thought it was pretty good. Not Zombieland good, but I still predict it becoming something of a cult classic (there were no zombies in the movie by the way - just using that as an example of one of the best horror-comedy films I've ever seen). I liked how they played against stereotypes for the male lead character.

Also watched the animated version of Planet Hulk. The storyline was seriously condensed, but it stayed pretty true to the comic. I don't really understand why Silver Surfer was replaced with Beta Ray Bill, though.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Took the family to see War Horse last night. We all enjoyed it thoroughly. It was 2 1/2 hours, but it never really seemed like it was that long. It was predictable, but you felt enough of an attachment to the horse that you wanted those things to happen. It had its pretty sad moments. Alot of bad things happening to some of the horses, but it was a reality in WWI. There were millions of horses killed during that war. They didn't get very graphic with the war scenes, but for what is basically a kids movie, thats just fine. I recommend it, especially if you or your kids are into horses at all.