Page 372 of 432 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 4316
    Speaking of horses, I am watching my John Wayne westerns.

Currently I'm halfway through Cahill: U.S. Marshal.

I really liked The Horse Soldiers and The Undefeated. Those are the best so far. (Civil War movies there)

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is fun, but not nearly as worthy as the other two I mentioned.

I'm not sure how Cahill is going to pan out. I don't like the marshal's sons. I know you're not supposed to (and the actors they chose are fine) - it's just that I don't care about them really and if they get shot dead - so what?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Hugo. Really, really good. (you know it has to be, when it gets multiple "really" rankings ). True enough to the book (even down to the scenes without dialogue, matching the pages of just drawings in the book), but just different enough to make it perhaps even better. It will likely cause a tear or two to be shed. Watch for the cameos, too.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn. Bloody amazing film. Herge would be proud of what Spielberg accomplished. Nice to see a family-oriented action/adventure movie in 2011 that has blood, guns, and excessive drinking (though not too much, and nary a bad word to be heard). Watch it; you will not be disappointed. Unless you have no soul and eat puppies.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The Man from Planet X (1951). One of those interesting old sci-fi movies.

War of the Planets (1965). Another one of those cheap Italian sci-fi movies. I swear the set and costumes were used in a similar movie I saw a few months ago.

Daleks..Invasion 2150 (1966). I didn't know Peter Cushing played Dr. Who until this movie! Apparently, Mr. Tarkin played Dr. Who twice; there's a Dr. Who movie from 1965.

Final Destination 5

I enjoyed the surprise twist at the end!

Apollo 18

Not bad, worth watching.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Final Destination 5

I enjoyed the surprise twist at the end!

Apollo 18

Not bad, worth watching.
    Yeah, reaching that destination at the final part of the film, FIVE DIFFERENT TIMES!

Was the other movie 38.46% better than Apollo 13? :math:

I haven't seen any movies since last year...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Could you SPOIL Apollo 18 for me?

As long as it's OK for everyone else here, what the heck is it about? What happens?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Was the other movie 38.46% better than Apollo 13? :math:
    Not "better" but it was 42.98% more exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Could you SPOIL Apollo 18 for me?

As long as it's OK for everyone else here, what the heck is it about? What happens?
    *******************SPOILER ALERT**********************************

The basic premise of the film is that the Apollo program continued after it was publicly cancelled. Allegedly someone "found" archive video footage of the true final mission to the moon "Apollo 18"!

The movie is done in the style of the archived footage. Two astronauts land on the moon (one is orbiting). The two guys who land find a Soviet lunar lander and the cosmonaut is found dead.

In the end it turns out the rocks on the moon are actually alive and they really spider like creatures with their legs folded up to make them look like rocks. The decision is made NOT to extract the astronauts due to "contamination". The final closing of the film states that several samples were taken in prior missions to the moon and given to dignitaries, many of the samples were "stolen".

In a nutshell.

The Soviet lunar lander was a cool twist.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I haven't seen any movies since last year...
    So 48ish hours?

That would be an AWESOME retcon movie! Nolte and Murphy as the aging veteran administrators, with Jeff Bridges and Dave Chapelle as the main characters: 48ish Hours, coming to a DVD Wal*Mart bin near you!