Page 374 of 433 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 4327
    The Island of Lost Souls. The original island of Dr. Moreau with Charles Laughton in the title role, and Bela Legosi, in a supporting role, as one of Moreau's creatures. I'd read some good stuff about this movie, and am glad I've finally seen it.

The Black Cat, again with Legosi and the always great Karloff.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Inglorious Basterds, well if you remember its a silly made up story chocked full of historical erros its not too bad.
    You mean Hitler didn't die in a movie theater?

In all seriousness, the gratification of seeing him gunned down would've made the movie great even if it stunk otherwise (which it certainly did not). Fiction or not, watching Hitler die a violent death never gets old.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

House of Frankstein with the great Karloff and Lon Chaney, Jr.

Badlanders, a 1958 western starring Alan Ladd and Ernest Borgnine. Hadn't seen it before. Very good.

The Muppets! The wife and I saw this tonight at the second-run theatre. Very enjoyable.

Namath, a documentary about a quarterback guy. He played for the Rams, and I guess could've been drafted by St. Louis or someplace.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

My yearly Super Bowl weekend tradition continued this year with a viewing of Black Sunday and Two-Minute Warning.

Also watched, in recent days, Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man and A & C Meet the Mummy. Haven't seen those in years and found them very funny.

Soylent Green. Classic 70s sci-fi with Heston.

Last night, Seabiscuit.
    Even though the outcome is known, the story is told well with a good cast IMO.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

The Natural with Robert Redford, Wilfred Brimley, Glenn Close, Robert Duvall.

This is a wonderful baseball movie - actually inspired by true events. There were 2 psyhotic women who shot baseball players in real sports history.

The movie's about Roy Hobb's return to glory, not why he was shot. The shooting was pointless. But it really did happen to non-fictional baseball players.

This was a great movie. I love it when baseball movies are about baseball. But this one had even more to it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

If you want to continue loving the movie, Tycho, DO NOT read the novel. Every time I hear a baseball player say this is his favorite BB book, I know for a fact he has not even read it. I put it in my top (bottom?) 15-or-so books I've ever read.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

This morning I was watching an Episode of Disney's Swamp Fox, (1959-1960). I sincerely believe George Lucas watched this as well. In this episode called "Redcoats" there was a character named "Anakin" and phrases that were used in the dialogue included "Rebel Scum" and "Scoundrel" more than once. For so many things to hit in one episode of a tv show episode from 1959-1960.......just seems so obvious

The Car (1977). A friend recommended this movie to me. It's about a possessed car that's terrorizing a small Utah town. James Brolin is a cop who tries to stop it. It's very enjoyable for a B-horror flick. The only issue I had was, the car reminded me of the Green Hornet's car, Black Beauty!

Logan's Run (1976). Just one of those movies you have to watch every once in a while.