Page 382 of 440 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 4393
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Richard Winters was one heck of a real, live, actual hero.

He died in 2010 I think. Maybe it was a couple of years earlier than that.
    I think it was last year iirc.

As for myself: Bad Teacher. I'm not much of a Cameron Diaz fan... it was alright, Jason Segal helped.

Chronicle.

Wow. Just wow. And not in a good way. I'm so sick of the mocumentary style of story-telling. Full of gimmicks. All of them. Camera shots that are so stupid because you know there is no way anybody would a hold a camera during certain events.

Chronicle cheated and used the telekinetic power to stage the camera wherever was needed to beat constraints of first person views. So then why not have a regular movie if you know your story is limited by this type of gimmick. Either tell a story, or film a documentary. The mix of the two styles sucks.

Devil inside. Also a mocumentary and it was soooo boring. The one bright ray, the lunatic mother was not developed. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by preacher View Post
    Chronicle.

Wow. Just wow. And not in a good way. I'm so sick of the mocumentary style of story-telling. Full of gimmicks. All of them. Camera shots that are so stupid because you know there is no way anybody would a hold a camera during certain events.

Chronicle cheated and used the telekinetic power to stage the camera wherever was needed to beat constraints of first person views. So then why not have a regular movie if you know your story is limited by this type of gimmick. Either tell a story, or film a documentary. The mix of the two styles sucks.
    That was pretty much my impression of the film as well. Once you establish that one of the film's characters can telekinetically hold the camera in the air, then you've defeated the entire purpose of the handheld camera gimmick.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine. (1966). A campy 60s movie with Vincent Price in a hammy role as a nefarious doctor trying to take over the world. Fun flick.

I Saw What You Did, and Know Who You Are. Another 60s horror flick with Joan Crawford in a glorified cameo roll. Teenage girls call people at random but one of those calls is to a man who just killed his wife. Wonder if the Scream movies used this premise?

Our Idiot Brother starring Paul Rudd as said idiot. In short: he's a screw up and his family blames him for their mistakes. All in all not bad.

Brave. Or "the movie that more than makes up for Cars' shortcomings."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The Searchers. On the big screen! Cinemark is hosting a classic movie series, and the Searchers was shown today. Just had to see that one on the silver screen. One of the great westerns and the Duke in more of his more memorable roles.

Lot of cool old movies playing in my area this summer. An outdoor showing of From Russia with Love may be next.

I love John Wayne's movies but don't think I ever saw The Searchers. Please refresh my memory.

I loved Chism and The Undefeated, The Shootist, amongst many others.

I also love From Russia with Love. I may be watching all my James Bond movies soon.

I am currently re-watching The Pacific on DVD. I loved the Hanks-Speilberg WWII collabortations.

I just watched Clint Eastwoods (Letters and Flags), and prior to that, Windtalkers and Thin Red Line, and Pearl Harbor.

I want to expand my collection of guns to include more WWII firepower. I can join an airborne re-enactment community (the 82nd) with some of my fellow Civil War comrades. Yes, they actually parachute for the full experience. Membership dues are high because the company maintains its own plane for re-enacting purposes.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Even better, you could join the airborne group but insist on using your Civil War uniform and weapons. If nothing else, it would make for some interesting pictures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Even better, you could join the airborne group but insist on using your Civil War uniform and weapons. If nothing else, it would make for some interesting pictures.
    We are actually trying to organize a Civil War airforce unit. They had observation balloons they used to scout the enemy positions from and occasionally had to fire from.

Safety is a huge concern here. So we'll need some kind of zip line for escape in an emergency set up - and it might not look very good.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.