I finally got around to watching ESB and ROTJ on Blu-Ray. I didn't really notice any changes to ESB that haven't been there since 2004, but the changes to ROTJ were actually less offensive than I expected them to be. Even Darth Vader's "Nooooo!" didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Of course, it pulled me right out of the movie, but that's because I know it's not supposed to be there. If I wasn't used to seeing it the other way, then I'm not sure if I would even notice anything out of place.

The Dug walking through Jabba's Palace was cut away from so quickly that I almost missed it. Either way, the Dug is one of my favorite Prequel alien designs and I actually think they look cooler than a majority of OT alien designs. So, it wasn't something that bothered me at all. Yuzzum is still the most annoying CG character inserted into the film.

Wicket's eyes felt like a real improvement. It's amazing how much more lifelike it made the character. No longer do I just see a midget looking through plastic lenses when they do a close-up of Wicket's face. Although it seems like they made his eyes huge compared to what they used to be.

It also seems like they added a bunch of extra background noise to the Sarlacc scene just before the Skiff Battle. There was a lot more cheering and jeering going on, when they were preparing to throw Luke into the Sarlacc, than I ever remember hearing. It blended with the action about as well as a laugh-track on a 1980s sitcom. However, this is the first time I've ever watched these movies in anything resembling surround sound, so it's possible those sounds have always been there and I just never noticed them before.

What was probably the most surprising was that neither film really held my interest all the way through. I kept drifting off and finding something else to do while the movies played in the background. It's been probably 3-4 years since I've sat down and watched ROTJ all the way through, at least 6 years since my last full viewing of ESB. I thought maybe all the years away combined with the new format, would freshen these films up for me a bit, but that didn't really happen.

After all these years, it might finally be time to admit that I think I'm getting sick of Star Wars.