Page 389 of 435 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 4349
    I finally got around to watching ESB and ROTJ on Blu-Ray. I didn't really notice any changes to ESB that haven't been there since 2004, but the changes to ROTJ were actually less offensive than I expected them to be. Even Darth Vader's "Nooooo!" didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Of course, it pulled me right out of the movie, but that's because I know it's not supposed to be there. If I wasn't used to seeing it the other way, then I'm not sure if I would even notice anything out of place.

The Dug walking through Jabba's Palace was cut away from so quickly that I almost missed it. Either way, the Dug is one of my favorite Prequel alien designs and I actually think they look cooler than a majority of OT alien designs. So, it wasn't something that bothered me at all. Yuzzum is still the most annoying CG character inserted into the film.

Wicket's eyes felt like a real improvement. It's amazing how much more lifelike it made the character. No longer do I just see a midget looking through plastic lenses when they do a close-up of Wicket's face. Although it seems like they made his eyes huge compared to what they used to be.

It also seems like they added a bunch of extra background noise to the Sarlacc scene just before the Skiff Battle. There was a lot more cheering and jeering going on, when they were preparing to throw Luke into the Sarlacc, than I ever remember hearing. It blended with the action about as well as a laugh-track on a 1980s sitcom. However, this is the first time I've ever watched these movies in anything resembling surround sound, so it's possible those sounds have always been there and I just never noticed them before.

What was probably the most surprising was that neither film really held my interest all the way through. I kept drifting off and finding something else to do while the movies played in the background. It's been probably 3-4 years since I've sat down and watched ROTJ all the way through, at least 6 years since my last full viewing of ESB. I thought maybe all the years away combined with the new format, would freshen these films up for me a bit, but that didn't really happen.

After all these years, it might finally be time to admit that I think I'm getting sick of Star Wars.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The Other Boleyn Girl. To be honest I didn't realize it was Henry VIII until well...after a point that I should've known. I did a bit of research after the fact and yeah some iffy history was told, but it wasn't a bad flick I guess.

Big Barada, that's why I love the comics and books, and Clone Wars so much.

I can't watch the movies that much. It's been a long time for me as well.

I think I could handle ROTS to be honest. Scenes on Coruscant intrigue me right now (less so AOTC's and moreso ROTS' obviously).

But it's been a while since I've seen any of them and ROTJ could also be a good time viewing.

However, what I'd really like now is an animated series with the Classic Characters, most likely post-ROTJ.

The Yuuzhan Vong (NJO) invasion era would be great to see.

I'd like to see Jacen Solo as a Jedi for a while, before he becomes Darth Caedus, however, a story taking place while he is alive and the reigning Dark Lord might be interesting, with his sister Jaina as the lead hero character versus a villain she knows is her own brother.

Thing is, I'd really want Mark, Carrie, and (maybe really hard to get) Harrison to do the voice-overs for their characters.

But I'd also like to see Kyle Katarn, Kyp Durron, and Corran Horn, plus Mara Jade Skywalker in action during all of this.

That'd be a lot of fun.

Let's rebalance the animated EU so it doesn't always remain so Prequel Trilogy skewed. And don't get me wrong, I love the Clone Wars.

BTW: Ahsoka has to live and she and Rex could confront the armored (post-Mustafar) Darth Vader and that would make an awesome episode!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Big Barada, that's why I love the comics and books, and Clone Wars so much.

I can't watch the movies that much. It's been a long time for me as well.

I think I could handle ROTS to be honest. Scenes on Coruscant intrigue me right now (less so AOTC's and moreso ROTS' obviously).

But it's been a while since I've seen any of them and ROTJ could also be a good time viewing.

However, what I'd really like now is an animated series with the Classic Characters, most likely post-ROTJ.

The Yuuzhan Vong (NJO) invasion era would be great to see.

I'd like to see Jacen Solo as a Jedi for a while, before he becomes Darth Caedus, however, a story taking place while he is alive and the reigning Dark Lord might be interesting, with his sister Jaina as the lead hero character versus a villain she knows is her own brother.

Thing is, I'd really want Mark, Carrie, and (maybe really hard to get) Harrison to do the voice-overs for their characters.

But I'd also like to see Kyle Katarn, Kyp Durron, and Corran Horn, plus Mara Jade Skywalker in action during all of this.

That'd be a lot of fun.

Let's rebalance the animated EU so it doesn't always remain so Prequel Trilogy skewed. And don't get me wrong, I love the Clone Wars.

BTW: Ahsoka has to live and she and Rex could confront the armored (post-Mustafar) Darth Vader and that would make an awesome episode!
    I tried getting into the EU stuff back in 2000-2001, but it never really held my interest. It always just felt like cheap, second-rate sci-fi to me.

As it is right now, only Star Wars characters that have direct ties to specific childhood memories are what hold my interest anymore and even that is starting to erode more and more as the years go by.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I think I understand, though I feel differently.

However, I'd like Han, Luke, Leia, and Chewie to come alive again in some kind of new animated format.

I let myself enjoy the prequels and this (final?) upcoming season of Clone Wars is something I look forward to.

However, Star Wars has to keep with the new, too.

I get bored watching the old movies. But that's just me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I just finished "The Cabin in the Woods".

I enjoyed it. Not your typical cabin-in-the-woods-horror-flick. hahaha
    May the force be with you.

One Day in September. An interesting documentary about the 1972 Munich Olympic massacre. The sole-surviving Palestinian terrorist involved in the incident was interviewed.

The Mole Peole. My favorite cheesy 50s sci-fi movie. Gotta love John Agar.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I just finished "The Cabin in the Woods".

I enjoyed it. Not your typical cabin-in-the-woods-horror-flick. hahaha
    I watched that the other day and I agree. I think the twist at the end really made the entire movie feel worth watching. Definitely better than the average horror film and I thought the humor really added a lot.

Also watched 500 Days of Summer and that was pretty good too.

The Avengers, it was good, not that great, who didn't see what was happening really?

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    who didn't see what was happening really?
    What are you asking exactly? Of course the movie was going to be predictable, but that's what made it work so well. It didn't try to throw the audience off in any way, we all knew that the heroes would struggle to get along initially but eventually work together to save the world. It was a pretty straight forward, but very well-crafted story. I thought all of the actors worked really well together and that's really the most important thing in a movie like this.