Page 392 of 427 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 4264
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Without getting to Rancor Pit-y; if a person realizes that in order for all the society to improve, you cannot get everything you want, then that is why you support policies that seem to "hurt" you and your class. And not just to get a kick-back at some later date, either.
    Yeah, it's the whole "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" thing. Which isn't really political since it can be applied to both sides of the argument.

I know we're treading on thin ground to stay appropriate for the topic but how I can the majority of society improve to bring all levels of society up with them? the masses are the customers in other words.

how to make it topical the freedom of the slaves encourage they're being more customers too.

when the slaves were freed they extended a lot of them credit so they would yet still be enslaved. not everyone has the noblest interests just for the sake of altruism of course.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Back on-topic, attempt #1: one of the political people in the film struggled with his hatred of slavery, but how to implement freedom and enfranchisement in reality. And, this was not a real consumer economy yet in the 1860s, even though it was capitalistic.

Back on-topic, attempt #2: does anyone know if recordings existed in the days of Lincoln? Had Edison invented such technology by then, did someone else do it, or had it not yet been intro'd? That is just the way I figured Abe would speak, as Mr. Day Lewis spoke, but I don't know why.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Red Tails

Oh, my....how disappointing!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Skyfall. Great Bond flick.

Bataan. Gotta love those old WWII movies made during the war. So politicially incorrect.

Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde. Still fun.

Watched Christine for the first time yesterday. As far as Stephen King movies go it was pretty good. I wouldn't go so far as to call it scary though. Could there possibly be anything LESS frightening than being chased by a gigantic car? All you have to do is get off the road.

Land of the Dead - another okay movie that wasn't really that scary. I didn't really care for how they tried to make the zombies into sympathetic characters and too much of the movie was tied up in the human characters trying to fight over control of some dumb vehicle that looked like a reject from a 1980s Sylvester Stallone movie.

I saw Christine for the first time myself not too long ago.

I noticed how Michael Bay borrowed elements from the movie for Bumblebee's character - the radio and the stalking (of Sam in TFs' case) - also the ability to repair herself.

It made me think Christine was a TF stuck in her alt-mode. She seemed a lot less scary than Barricade when the Decepticon cop car attacked Sam - and I wouldn't call TFs scary movies, but they did succeed in making the Decepticons threatening.

It just seemed like a natural comparison to Christine.

But overall, the story pacing was good and the plot flowed nicely. I can't remember how it ended any more though.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Mad Men Season's I - IV. Pretty good, not great. As far as those types of shows goes my all time favorite still is Deadwood. Still, MM is pretty darn good.

Okay, my weird tradition of watching war movies while putting up my Christmas tree continues. (Don't ask why).

* Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo. Been a long time since I'd seen this one.

* Appointment in Berlin. British spy movie made during the way. Alan Napier, Alfred from 'Batman,' played an intelligence officer.

* Triumph of the Spirit. A supposedly true story about a Greek Jew who boxed at Auschwitz to entertain the Germans. Gonna research this story a little further.

Watched The Hobbit tonight and was pretty impressed by it. In some ways, it was more of a kid's movie than the LOTR films, but in other ways it was actually a lot darker than those same films. I really have almost nothing negative to say about the film. If I really had to nitpick, though, then I'd say that some of the dwarfs didn't look dwarfish enough, especially Thorin. Other than that, everything about the movie was amazing. It was cool to see a more happy-go-lucky Gollum... relatively speaking of course.

I could definitely see the ZBrush influence on the CG models this time around too, because they were vastly improved over the already excellent models from the LOTR trilogy.