Trouble with the Curve - I didn't think I'd like it because I'm not usually a fan of sports movies, but it was actually really good and didn't really focus on the game of baseball as much as I feared it would. The whole "old-school guy vs. high-tech computer-savvy jerk" plot line was more than a little predictable, but overall the movie is something that I would conceivably watch again at some point.

Magic Mike - yes, I'm secure enough in my manhood to be able to watch a movie about male strippers. Although I was a bit terrified when the movie opened with Matthew Mcconaughey and I was slightly sickened by the notion that he might show up naked at some point in the movie. Fortunately, he never stripped down further than a thong, even though that was more than I ever wanted to see of him. As for Channing Tatum, it's really hard to tell if he is a really good actor doing a great job of playing a stripper who can barely form complete sentences, or if he is a horrible actor who looks good on camera, so they just edit together his incoherent, stuttering dialogue as best they can. I think I just need to stop expecting to see well-written dialogue or compelling characters in movies about strippers.