Page 397 of 427 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 4261
    Last night I watched Stanley Kubrick's Lolita on TCM, which was considered un-filmable back in 1962 because of its subject matter, but isn't even as sexually explicit as your average primetime TV drama these days. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Also saw the Gregory Peck version of Moby Dick. Pretty good effects considering when it was made.

Quo Vadis about Emperor Nero and the burning of Rome. A massive film considering when it was made (1951) and still an unbelievably large production even by today's standards. Apparently they built a life size recreation of Rome that spanned 4 blocks then burned it all down. Of course, now all of that would be done in the computer. It still holds the record for the most costumes used in one film at over 32,000. I'm not sure about the historical accuracy of the events portrayed; but it was pretty entertaining.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith. I think everybody on this site knows what it is about.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith. I think everybody on this site knows what it is about.
    Sounds vaguely familiar. Doesn't it have that guy from Trainspotting in it?

My step-son received 2 movies for Christmas this year: The Amazing Spider-Man and The Three Stooges.

I'll just say I enjoyed Spider-Man.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Taken 3 has just been announced.

This time Liam Neeson is in a movie about making a movie, portraying his own story about finding his missing daughter and ex-wife, and both he and the director LOSE THEIR $#@%ing MINDS.

They are probably being held hostage by too much greed, alcohol, and a mixture of highly potent drugs. But that information has not been officially confirmed yet.

However, there will be a special appearance by Charlie Sheen who tries to rescue them, fails, and then Lindsey Lohan attempts the same. But ultimately (and predictably) this movie is a tragedy.

Schumacher will probably direct.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    My step-son received 2 movies for Christmas this year: The Amazing Spider-Man and The Three Stooges.

I'll just say I enjoyed Spider-Man.
    No love for the Stooges, J&H? Why I oughta......
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

There are also plans for Taken 4!

This one is about all the people who lost their money watching Taken 3.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    No love for the Stooges, J&H? Why I oughta......
    I do like the Stooges, but just the original stuff. There were only about 2 parts in the movie that actually made me laugh.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    There are also plans for Taken 4!

This one is about all the people who lost their money watching Taken 3.
    Or, they just over-dubbed Leonard Part 6, plus more explosions.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I do like the Stooges, but just the original stuff. There were only about 2 parts in the movie that actually made me laugh.
    I agree. Hollywood is creatively bankrupt. Either they mess with things they shouldn't or prolong failed first efforts with never-ending sequels (Rocky XXIV anyone?).
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!