Page 398 of 426 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 4257
    There is no Three Stooges movie. No matter what Hollywood says.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I have recorded and am watching Hillary Clinton testifying on Benghazi, Libya.

The movie's really cool. If you suspend your belief, you can actually imagine the United States Senate is doing something important in this picture.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I have recorded and am watching Hillary Clinton testifying on Benghazi, Libya.

The movie's really cool. If you suspend your belief, you can actually imagine the United States Senate is doing something important in this picture.
    Is that where she went crazy and avoided answering questions? Kind of a sad show imjo.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Is that where she went crazy and avoided answering questions? Kind of a sad show imjo.
    I think you're mistaking just one scene with the whole script
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

One for the Money (2012). Okay, I'm not a Katherine Heigl fan, but I've been reading the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum books for a while now. I wanted to see how the movie compared to the book. It was enjoyable, and Heigl did a decent job portraying Plum. Too bad I don't think there will be any others since the movie bombed.

The Black Cat (1934). Karloff the Great and Legosi on the screen together again! This was Universal's biggest grossing movie for 1934, and one of the first movies to have a soundtrack for the entire movie. One of the leads, David Manners, was in Dracula and the Mummy, but got bored with acting and quit the business shortly thereafter. I thought about this while watching: Karloff is described as a devil cultist. For the 1930s, that's pretty bold since thinking was a lot more stringest then than today. It doesn't delve too deeply into the subject matter, but still that's pretty bold.

Full Metal Jacket

Well...sort of. After boot camp, this movie really tanks IMO, so I go on to other things. It's as if it's two separate movies. I always wonder what Kubrick was thinking....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Full Metal Jacket

Well...sort of. After boot camp, this movie really tanks IMO, so I go on to other things. It's as if it's two separate movies. I always wonder what Kubrick was thinking....
    I always enjoy movies that start out as one movie and end as a completely different movie. It's never really successful, but I do enjoy the attempts. Outside of Full Metal Jacket, it's also been tried with From Dusk Till Dawn and kinda sorta with Lost Highway (if you count changing the actor who plays the main character in the middle of the movie with no explanation).

It kind of reminds me of when I'm watching movies on TV and I fall asleep watching one movie and wake up while a different movie is playing. However, I don't initially realize that it's a new movie, so my mind, still in a half-asleep state, starts working overtime trying to reconcile what I saw before taking a nap with what I'm watching after the nap. This actually happened last Sunday when I fell asleep watching a movie about nuns (with Audrey Hepburn) and woke up watching a movie about a Navy cargo ship during WW2.

Anyways, I watched Django Unchained last Friday night. Pretty good movie. Kind of a revenge flick like Inglorious Basterds, but with almost a self-parodying level of graphic violence. It did bring up some interesting questions about slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Full Metal Jacket

I agree, its like 2 totally different films (that happen to have a couple of the same guys in it).

As for myself: Trouble with the curve. The baseball part was sort of an anti Moneyball type thing. I thought Clint and Amy were great but come on, Justin Timberlake was a flame throwing pitcher? Maybe they could cast him as a Greg Maddux type but not a guy who could throw 100.

Black Sunday and Two-Minute Warning. My Super Bowl weekend viewing tradition continues. I really enjoyed this year's Two-Minute Warning viewing.

Argo. A good solid movie. It was a fast two hours.

I've watching a bunch of good classic films on TCM. I just watched Whatever Happened to Baby Jane yesterday, which is pretty creepy considering when it was made. I think there are some scenes that are only scary because the movie is in black and white. It would lose so much impact if it was in color.

Also, The Bride of Frankenstein which is the first time I've seen it since I was about 10 years old. I definitely did not remember the whole blind monk scene, but I now know exactly what they were spoofing in Young Frankenstein. I'm not sure if that scene was supposed to be touching or frightening in Bride, but I kept finding myself laughing at it because of Mel Brooks's parody version.