Page 399 of 436 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 4353
    Just watched the 30 Rock Series finale. In the last scene, you can see a Cloud Car whiz by.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

The Three Faces of Eve with Joanne Woodward.

Nice, since it was one of the few times I've seen it in its entirety. AMC has started its "30 Days of Oscar" stint prior to the self-serving event.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Mad Men Season V. Since nobody responded to my thread about the show I won't bother with a recap.

The Long Goodbye. Robert Altman's version of a Raymond Chandler novel starring Elliott Gould as Phillip Marlowe. I'd heard/read good things about this movie for a while and finally caught it. Thought it was so-so. Wish I had a buck for every cigarette Gould lit up in the movie.

Battlestar Galactic: Blood and Chrome. This telemovie reminded me of how great the show was and how much I miss it.

I decided to check out the over-hyped new shows on AMC tonight.

Walking Dead: Black & White: an obvious ploy to cash in on the show's popularity, but I actually enjoyed watching the pilot episode in black and white. It kind of added to the creepiness factor of the story. Kind of like a really intense episode of the original Outer Limits. However, the novelty wore off quickly by the time the second episode came on.

Comic Book Men: not really a new show either, but I really do enjoy it and this latest episode managed to mix two of my all-time favorite things: comic books and UFC. So it was a good episode.

Freakshow: strangely enough, it was a little on the dull side. Some of the gimmicks like sword-swallowing and fire-eating are neat the first time you watch them, but they lose their impact unless you watch them live and after you've seen it once, then the wow-factor diminishes significantly after each viewing.

Immortalized: this probably gets my vote for one of the worst new shows on TV. It was painful to watch right from the first few minutes. I did watch the whole episode because I've always been fascinated by taxidermy and was interested to see more of the process of how it was done. Instead we got several minutes of pointless hyping up of "legendary" taxidermists that I have absolutely never heard of and a lot of silly pro-wrestling type of trash-talking between the competitors. Horrible.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The Hatfields & The Mccoys and also Here Comes The Boom. One was funny but I don't think that is what they were going for, and the other wasn't all that funny but again, I doubt that is what they were going for.

Silver Linings Playbook. Pretty good, I thought Jennifer Lawrence was great, even Bradley Cooper was good.

Hmmm. I'm going to see Bradley Cooper as Faceman in The A-Team movie soon.

I'm watching all my A-Team DVD collection and finally on Season 5.

This is the best one yet. They do "Crystal Skull" and Secret Agent Murdock, H.M. Murdock, 007.

It's the best season of The A-Team yet - when they work for General Stockwell and are unofficial agents of the C.I.A.

I wished The A-Team TV show had continued past 1987 with at least another season when they were with the intelligence agency.

BTW: nowadays we made a big deal out of torture and waterboarding. Did you know The A-Team did that on a regular basis on a kid's show? Yeah, they burned a guy under scalding water in a hotel shower and hung guys upside down while they interrogated them, as well as waterboarded them and it was shown on prime time TV.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Hmmm. I'm going to see Bradley Cooper as Faceman in The A-Team movie soon.

I'm watching all my A-Team DVD collection and finally on Season 5.

This is the best one yet. They do "Crystal Skull" and Secret Agent Murdock, H.M. Murdock, 007.

It's the best season of The A-Team yet - when they work for General Stockwell and are unofficial agents of the C.I.A.

I wished The A-Team TV show had continued past 1987 with at least another season when they were with the intelligence agency.

BTW: nowadays we made a big deal out of torture and waterboarding. Did you know The A-Team did that on a regular basis on a kid's show? Yeah, they burned a guy under scalding water in a hotel shower and hung guys upside down while they interrogated them, as well as waterboarded them and it was shown on prime time TV.
    I don't think people were as sensitive about that stuff back then. Personally, I have no problems with putting our wartime enemies through a bit of physical discomfort or emotional trauma as long as it saves American lives on the battlefield. If it's done in a wartime context and it's not causing permanent physical injury, then I don't really classify it as torture.

Anyways, I watched Identity Thief last night. It's actually pretty funny in parts. I thought the dynamic between Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy worked really well. There is a lot of very vulgar humor, though, so it's rated R for a reason (as a warning to any parents thinking it will be okay to take their kids to). The only thing I didn't like about it was that it seemed to send the message that it's okay to steal from a person, as long as that person is rich AND a jerk. It also basically explained how to steal someone's identity and get away with it, which helped to set up the movie, but is probably going to make it much easier for people to do this in the real world.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Well listen, I just stole Donald Trump's car and I need a place to lie low. Can I stash it at your place, BigB?

We can take turns driving it.

Meanwhile, I don't have a problem with the waterboarding etc. either when it's used to stop irreversible attacks. To be fair, it does cause permanent PTSD.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.