Page 408 of 433 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 4326
    The Karate Kid Part III. I'd never seen it. I always thought it looked bad, even from the initial ads, and I dearly love the first two. I have all four, since the initial DVD release was an "all or nothing" dealio. (I'd never watched 3 and 4. I saw parts of 4 on TV years ago, and it looked as awful as I'd suspected.)

But we introduced Chux Jr to the series, and she wanted to see it all. She loved the first two, too. Even she was groaning about five minutes into this one, begging to skip to the fourth because it has a girl in it (and, partly because now that I was watching the damned thing finally and wanted to see it through, no matter how painful, we told her you have to see #3 before #4 because #4 may not make sense otherwise).

Long story short, this movie should be illegal. It's so bad, it transcends "so bad it's good" and comes back to "nope, it's just really bad" territory. If the US military weaponized this movie, no country would ever dare to get on our bad side again.

I honestly thought this was a cash grab by some hack writer and director who'd never seen the second one (aside from a few half-arsed explanations as to why they're back in SoCal and left their love interests behind, it contradicts it right and left) and only paid a little attention during the first. I nearly crapped my pants when I read that the same director and writer brought us... both previous Karate Kid movies.

Unless someone in Hollywood has the brilliant idea of a Karate Kid #5 that disregards the Will Smith Jr version entirely and goes back to the original timeline (Rise of the Planet of the Apes style), and makes a great movie about a much older Daniel LaRusso who must pass on what Miyagi taught him, this movie never existed in my eyes.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm on summer vacation, so I finally got around to watching the entire Firefly series. For years, people had told me how much I needed to see it and how good it was and blah blah blah. I suspect the effect of all the people telling me I should see it (and my love for Cowboy Bebop, which I was convinced the premise of the Firefly series sort copied, along with Outlaw Star) pushed actually seeing it further out, but I'd bought the blu-ray of the series and the film for extremely cheap a while back and only just now was able to view the show.

WOW!

Oh, what a fool I was NOT to have seen this sooner. I loved it and binge watched the whole series in a couple of days. I'll watch the film within the next few days. How this series did not get picked up by another network after cancelation is beyond me. When I think about how much sic-fi crap there has been in the ten years following the show's cancelation, I can't help but wonder where the series could have gone if properly supported by a network.

I spent a good chunk of the past week watching "Caprica" the prequel to Battlestar Galactica. It was a good series, but it's easy to see why it was cancelled. I enjoyed it, but there were times it just got too far out there, even for me. I do have to admit I was surprised by the Adama ending and I do wish they had done a second season since the last 5 minutes were all preview for a season that never happened.

I also watched "Blood & Chrome" which takes place between Caprica and BSG and features a young William Adama on his first mission!
    May the force be with you.

Sucked into Batman Returns on cable (other sequels after this one? I'll miss that part of the marathon). Man, I'd forgotten how weird that was, and how hot Ms. Pfeiffer is/was.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I must have been in a 1995-mood last night because I started searching for films released that year on YouTube and stumbled across a full version of the movie Powder. I think it's the first time I've ever sat down and watched the entire movie from beginning to end. I remember this movie being heavily promoted that year, but I think it came out while I was in AIT for the Army so I never got around to watching it. I liked it for the most part, but it feels like a story I've seen several times before.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I spent a good chunk of the past week watching "Caprica" the prequel to Battlestar Galactica. It was a good series, but it's easy to see why it was cancelled. I enjoyed it, but there were times it just got too far out there, even for me. I do have to admit I was surprised by the Adama ending and I do wish they had done a second season since the last 5 minutes were all preview for a season that never happened.

I also watched "Blood & Chrome" which takes place between Caprica and BSG and features a young William Adama on his first mission!
    I tried to watch Caprica. It was smart, too smart for its own being, and not enough action.

Sharknado. Ah, I love a good hunk of cheese!

Beginning of the End (1954).
    I love a good giant insect movie. Hard to pass up. This one involved giant locust/grasshoppers. I thought it was funny that the military was called out to defeat this menance, tanks rolled through the countryside and yet, once confronted with the giant locust, there was a National Guard officer firing off his .45.

Heat.

The scene with Al Pacino as the cop and Robert DiNero as the robber getting a cup of coffee, in mutual admiration of each other's skills, but resolving to attempt to kill the other just the same: - one of the finest moments in movie history!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Heat.

The scene with Al Pacino as the cop and Robert DiNero as the robber getting a cup of coffee, in mutual admiration of each other's skills, but resolving to attempt to kill the other just the same: - one of the finest moments in movie history!
    If you haven't gone to imdb.com and read the trivia on Heat, you really should. Some really fascinating tidbits of info there.

Thanks OC.

I couldn't read all of it, but probably indulged in half of it and then sat back in my chair, feeling like "WOW!"

I love that movie.

Michael Man (Miami Vice) also did Last of the Mohicans if I'm not mistaken. Thus I know I like a couple of his movies.

The new Miami Vice movie, not so much. Some of it due to the re-casting. (On that note, I might add that it worked out for Star Trek - recasting) but Leonard Nimoy's grounding of the films with his more-than-cameos really contributed to that working.

In the same way, I think Mark, Carrie, and Harrison (and I'm hearing possibly Billy Dee) will do similar for Star Wars 7 - though likely at least Mark will play a major role (as Jedi Master).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Crossing Over ~ Its about people coming to America and what they'll do and what can happen to become citizens. Han Solo, Ray Liota, Ashley Judd and my girl Alice Eve are in it.