Page 409 of 435 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 4349
    I saw Pacific Rim. This was my most anticipated film for the year. I looked forward to this more than any other movie. I went in to the theater pre-loving this film - I mean this was the dream of the eternal twelve year old in me that always wanted to see giant robots on screen, done correctly, handled with love. There was, in my mind, no way this film could be bad in any way.

I finally saw it today and left the theater disappointed. The effects were fantastic. Idris Elba was awesome. There was a lot of care put into the crafting of the film. Maybe it was the story, maybe it was the structure, maybe it was both and more, but I seriously expected a different movie than the one I got and was disappointed as a result. I still hope the film makes mountains of money because I don't want the concept of giant robot films to go away.

Big Nothing, David Schwimmer, Simon Pegg and my gal Alice Eve (sensing a trend anyone?). A nothing special movie about a bunch of bungling idiots who commit a crime that goes wrong and the shennanigans that went along with said crime.

I finally watched Sharknado. Um, I've seen a few SyFy movies before but... um. It was funny; MST3K-level funny. I will admit that I didn't see the "dramatic" ending coming, though.
    "That's what Sheev said."

SyFy is working on a sequel to Sharknado. I DVR'd it but haven't gotten around to watching.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    SyFy is working on a sequel to Sharknado. I DVR'd it but haven't gotten around to watching.
    That's what I did yesterday; it had Tweets on-screen during it, likely from those who'd seen it the first time (or live Tweeting during the rerun). The sequel is apparently going to be set in NYC.

Finally saw Rango, and I can see why people liked it. I'm a people; I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Finally saw Rango, and I can see why people liked it. I'm a people; I liked it.
    I took my daughter to see it when it was in theaters. We enjoyed it.

I just caught "Continuum". I started watching about a week ago and pretty much watched straight though over the last week.

Chuck Season I, I forgot some aspects of the season. I thought Chuck had butt kicking ability right away, then I thought he got it at the end of the season, but he must have gotten that at the end of II. Overall I liked it, some stuff was silly, but hey its a tv show what do you expect?!?!?

I watched the first Hangover. That movie still makes me laugh.

I've never seen the other ones, but I think that this kind of plot thing only works once.

Smallville did a similar storyline and it was only fun because it involved known characters, taken out of their element. For that show it worked and it was a good, if forgettable episode.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

"Oblivion" I am not a Tom Cruise fan, but this movie was great. It reminded me of a Stanley Kubrick film in many ways.

Andrea Riseborough was fantastic, her performance was haunting.

Olga Kurylenko detracted from the film IMO, her character was uninspiring and boring, she was IMO the low point of the film.

Morgan Freeman was animated and served as a great counter point to the rest of the film, providing just the right amount of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Camnado View Post
    I finally watched Sharknado. Um, I've seen a few SyFy movies before but... um. It was funny; MST3K-level funny.
    There are some movie theaters (none near to me; most in the LA area) that are going to show it at midnight. Front page of the local newspaper today had an article on whether (weather? ) such a disaster was even scientifically possible.