Page 411 of 433 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 4328
    I still cannot bring myself to actually sit down and watch GI Joe Retaliation. I think I still need about 2-3 more years to wash the memory of ROC out of my mind.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I watched the National Geographic Movie "SEAL Team 6: The Hunt for Osama Bin Laden," starring Anson Mount from "Hell on Wheels" and Barack Obama from "Healthcare on Waivers." [I'm pro-Obama, behind our President, btw - it's just a joke not an invite to the Rancor Pit.]

But NatGeo put together an awesome production that told the official story. I have yet to see Zero-Dark-Thirty but now I want to more than ever!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Metallica ~ Metallica. A BBC special on the making of said groups, said mentioned album.

Metallica ~ The Video's 1989 - 2004 Seems fairly self explanatory.

The Guns of Navarone. It wasn't the best of days (the AC went out and needs to be replaced). Thank God TCM was airing Navarone. Had some popcorn and soda and watched Atticus Finch kill some Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I watched the National Geographic Movie "SEAL Team 6: The Hunt for Osama Bin Laden," starring Anson Mount from "Hell on Wheels" and Barack Obama from "Healthcare on Waivers." [I'm pro-Obama, behind our President, btw - it's just a joke not an invite to the Rancor Pit.]

But NatGeo put together an awesome production that told the official story. I have yet to see Zero-Dark-Thirty but now I want to more than ever!
    I think NatGeo is making a flick on Bill O'Reilly's Killing Kennedy. Can't remember who's playing JFK but someone well-known.

I don't get NatGeo but it's available on OnDemand. I've been wanting to see the ST 6 movie. I like Anson Mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I have yet to see Zero-Dark-Thirty but now I want to more than ever!
    If you're expecting to see a big chunk of the film about the actual mission then you'll be let down. Its about a CIA (or was it NSA?) worker and their quest to find him. Don't get me wrong its good, but the actual mission takes place at the end of the film.

A Mighty Wind. A favorite movie of mine that is in the theme of Spinal Tap except dealing with folk music.

Rear Window and To Catch a Thief. Had the opportunity to see these classic Hitchcock flicks on the big screen. To Catch a Thief is one of my favorite Hitchcock flicks, too. Boy, Grace Kelly was a hottie.

The Dogs of War. I had a VHS copy of this one but came across a copy on DVD real cheap and it was hard to pass up. Enjoyable Saturday nite flick. Told the kid working the counter, this was when Christopher Walken was still acting, not now-days, when he calls it in.

The Mummy's Hand and the Mummy's Tomb. Two entries in Universal's Mummy series.

Thank you Jim Jam. To you and OC47151

The NatGeo Seal Team Six was a lot of "GI Joe" prep time before its mission also, but there were was a great scene in the early years of Afghanistan too. Then it was also a story about a woman analyst who thought Bin Laden was in Pakistan and Leon Panetta's people's efforts to prove that so Obama could make the call - and he and Defense Secretary Gates risk an attack inside Pakistan which could (and did) kill (a singular) women and (actually 0) children.

Anson Mount played the cocky SEAL who challenged the leadership of "Cherry" the younger Sergeant who commanded the team ("Duke" if you will for the GI Joe fans). There was enough contention that Anson Mount's character actually physically fought Cherry for leadership of the team but their C.O. caught them and disciplined them. I guess that was a true story, too. But they were the best ops for the mission so they were sent in anyway. That might have been fiction too. It was nothing Panetta, Gates, or Obama were aware of.

Mount's character was allowed to have long hair and a beard on the SEALs team specifically so he could pose as an Arab. I believe he was trained to speak their language. So yes, he did film this while his hair was grown out to play Cullen on Hell on Wheels.

Also, as for Killing Lincoln - I think it was already released. I'd love to see that. I don't always agree with Bill O'Reilly but he is good at documenting and presenting history. He also did one called Killing Kennedy (but I would've implicated former President George H.W. Bush in that - a long story but I wasn't the only one who had these thoughts. After I researched it, I learned that former Governor Jesse Ventura also tried to prove it.)

Meanwhile, Discovery Channel just did another Shark Week. Of particular interest was Louisiana's VooDoo shark (it's a freshwater bullshark nearly the size of Jaws and possibly real - people are knocked off their boats and eaten, with pieces of the crafts being found abandoned). I put it in my novel that's set down there.

I have continued watching Miami Vice - I'm almost done with the 4th season now.

And I diverted to watch all 6 Star Wars movies. I haven't watched them in a long time.

I find I really enjoy all of them. Say what you will about the prequels, but Ewan McGreggor's Obi-Wan Kenobi is awesome!

Further more, I really appreciated the scenes in ESB with Luke training under Yoda. Maybe even mores so now that I've gotten to know Yoda in the prequels. I like the art of doing him as a puppet for ESB and ROTJ - especially ESB. I understand that wasn't possible for his battles with Tyranus and Sidious, but maybe they could have done more of a mix with a puppet and matching CGI?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

42, a pretty good flick. Han Solo played Branch Rickey who was responsible for bringing Jackie Robinson to the Brooklyn Dodgers and breaking the color barrier in baseball. This was better then other so called 'historically based sports movies', and they didn't whitewash things that were said, there were numerous N bombs and other similar words said to Robinson. While I think those words are terrible I think its good that they are used that way we get a better idea as to what happened.