Page 412 of 433 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 4329
    42 was my favorite movie I saw this summer!

I have only seen Star Trek and Superman, but I intend to see Wolverine and The Butler.

With regards to the final film, only "The Butler" will probably give 42 a run for its Oscar Awards money.

It will be the 2nd "politically correct / relevant social issues movie of the season. On the same racial relations subject matter too. Only I think because 42 is going to be considered "less mainstream" since it's baseball, I fear it won't do as well.

That's unfortunate since because IT IS baseball, I have more of a penchant to liking it even though a tour through all the late 20th century Presidents in the White House would interest me too.

However, I would point out that there is NO BASEBALL DIAMOND on the White House south lawn and that is why the 2 movies cannot compare.

But it will be more politically correct to give the Oscar to Forrest Whitaker than to Harrison Ford. Unfortunate reverse discrimination though I love Forrest Whitaker's work myself. I just want to see Harrison get it for his best performance EVER!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, I watched The Fugitive and U.S. Marshalls.

Very good action flicks that'll make you think about our justice system even while you're watching train and plane crashes.

Now Tommy Lee Jones needs to make another one with a huge cruise liner crash. Unless they put him on a space ship...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    However, I would point out that there is NO BASEBALL DIAMOND on the White House south lawn and that is why the 2 movies cannot compare.
    During the Bush presidency he (re) started the playing of Little League games at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

As for myself I watch Ironman the other day. Not bad but could there please be a somebody different to play Ms. Potts? PLEASE!?!?!?!

Seven Days in May (1964). Political thriller about the military wanting to take over the gov't. Solid performances by Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas.

The Maiden Heist (2009). Art gallery security guards Christopher Walken, Morgan Freeman and William H. Macy are gonna steal their favorite pieces of art before the collection is shipped overseas. A quirky little flick that had some funny moments.

Jarhead and Three Kings - Both about the Persian Gulf War and the first time we fought to Saddam Hussein. I highly recommend these.

It's also cool to see movies from times you lived in.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It's also cool to see movies from times you lived in.
    I guess that's why I enjoyed The Great Gatsby. :OnTheLevel: :flappers:
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Independence Day, thank god Jeff Goldbloom and the Fresh Prince saved the world!

But in Earth Girls Are Easy, wasn't Jeff an alien, AND a fly in another film? Wouldn't he have felt conflicted, killing creatures?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Blue Jasmine, a very different Woody Allen film featuring a phenomenal performance by Cate Blanchett, was my weekend film this past Saturday. Andrew Dice Clay gave a truly realistic performance, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    But in Earth Girls Are Easy, wasn't Jeff an alien, AND a fly in another film? Wouldn't he have felt conflicted, killing creatures?
    I don't know. Plus he was also a chaostician, hopefully this will all get sorted out in Jurassic Independence Park Day.

Rules of Engagement with Sam Jackson and Tommy Lee Jones in a situation where civilians are killed when the Marines open fire on protestors outside the American Embassy in Yemen.

The story is fictional, but today we are living it at Benghazi. al-Qaeda must have saw the movie.

Then I watched Courage Under Fire with Denzyl Washington and Meg Ryan about the first woman to receive the Medal of Honor during Desert Storm.