Page 413 of 439 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 4388
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Jarhead and Three Kings - Both about the Persian Gulf War and the first time we fought to Saddam Hussein. I highly recommend these.
    If you liked Jarhead then read the book. Its really good, much better then the film.

As for myself: Star Trek Into Darkness. Liked it, although I thought it went on for about 15 or so minutes too long. I don't know Kahn's story so that probably has something to do with it.

Star Trek Into Darkness - I liked it, though I've heard some people didn't like what they did with Kahn. It worked fine for me.

World War Z
    - It ended up being much better than I thought it would. The super-fast zombie thing got to be a bit too much. I thought 28 Days Later had fast zombies. The next thing you know all the zombies are gonna be as fast as The Flash.
    May the force be with you.

Fast zombies exist! Go to Wal-Mart on November 29th and you'll see proof.

I watched:

Con Air

I used to love this movie and I still like it, but first, it's very hard to take Nicholas Cage serious much of the time. I'm not his biggest fan. Some of his movies are better than others. This one was so-so for his part.

Ultimately, all the characters were over the top and this was dark comedy, not at all to be taken seriously.

I think it might have worked better if it were a more serious movie - at lest to the level that Breaking Bad is serious but has elements of dark comedy.

Con Air is full of archetypes and the characters become less tolerable as you get to know them.

Now:

I own this movie

I will probably watch it again - hopefully when I'm more in the mood for this sort of thing

I'd still recommend it

I will not be watching it for quite a long while though - unless of course I somehow see it on Spike or USA and just get mesmerized because I'm too lazy to change the channel.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Chillerama. A drive-in is closing down, and for its last night the owner is airing some rare, one-of-a-kind movies; the owner possesses the only prints of these movies. An interesting comedy-horror flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Con Air

I used to love this movie and I still like it, but first, it's very hard to take Nicholas Cage serious much of the time. I'm not his biggest fan. Some of his movies are better than others. This one was so-so for his part.
    Two words: Steve Buscemi.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Cape Fear

I Spit On Your Grave

Natural Born Killers

Red Dragon

In The Line Of Fire

Dave

The Soloist

John Q

I've been writing and I watch a movie when I take a break from it and gather a sense of feeling from a movie that I might want to create with my writing.

Since there are 8 movies I slowly viewed since I posted a week ago (about 1 per day, viewed intermittently throughout my writers' work day), I'll leave this open to discuss any film listed above that someone wants to discuss. I'd recommend all of them for varying different reasons.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Metallica: Through The Never. The band plays while a roadie goes on a mission to pick something up for the band while all hell breaks lose.

Oblivion - In my opinion, top movie I've seen this year. (Keep in mind I don't get to see a lot of movies)

Now You See Me - This one was really good. I enjoyed it until the next day. Then it just seemed like the writers cheated.

G.I.Joe Retaliation - I think I would have enjoyed this more had a main character not died. The main battle at the end seem way too unbelievable though.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I watched:

2 Incredible Hulk movies.

I like Ang Lee's style with Eric Bana (played a great Bruce).

I liked the Ed Norton movie better!

4 Spider-Man movies.

I love all of them.

Dr. Octopus was probably the most interesting / best villain with the best back story. I'm not sure which is my favorite movie but I want to continue to see Spider-Man movies with new villains. No Green Goblin. Willem Dafoe was brilliant.

I heard Rhino-guy is going to be in the next one. Should be great!

The Social Network. Wow! The guy that founded Facebook was a jerk! Still it was really interesting and I recommend the movie.