Page 414 of 434 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 4332
    This Is The End. Seth Rogen and a bunch of other celebs are at a party at James Franco's house when the Apocalypse starts.

Emperor, Matthew Fox is a General in Japan right after WWII ended and its his job to figure out what to do with the Emperor of Japan. Was he guilty of war crimes? What did he know? etc. Tommy Lee Jones plays General MacAurthor

Tommy Lee Jones and Matthew Fox in a movie together, a movie based on Japanese history, no less?

Why was I not informed?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Battleship Potemkin. I'm not a big fan of silent movies but this Russian flick held my attention.

I'm watching The Walking Dead marathon on AMC (first episode to include all up to Sunday's season premier).

I've been DV-recording them. I may buy the DVDs someday. I really enjoy these. Every episode has been great so far. (I've never missed one but it's been a while since I've seen them.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    Battleship Potemkin. I'm not a big fan of silent movies but this Russian flick held my attention.
    I just showed the Odessa Step Sequence to my film class. Nearly a hundred years after the film, it can still capture 17-year old attention spans.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I just showed the Odessa Step Sequence to my film class. Nearly a hundred years after the film, it can still capture 17-year old attention spans.
    It amazed me that the Russian gov't at the time allowed this type of movie to be made at that time.

Finished watching Incubus (1966). An odd movie for several reasons. What caught my attention was, it had the Shat in it. It was made one year before he became Kirk.

Secondly, it was shot in Esperanto, an odd mixture of different languages. Filmed in Cali but in a foreign language. Go figure.

Supposedly, it was thought all the prints and negatives of the film had been destroyed in a fire but one print was found in France.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    Finished watching Incubus (1966).
    Pardon me? Stellar! Nice to know you.

I watched parts of [insert film title here]. Horrid, reprehensible "film;" despicable premise. Waste of celluloid or digital memory, whichever format it was made. Don't know why I couldn't turn away from it, so what's that say about me, then?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Four Days in November (1964). A well-done documentary about the JFK assassination. One detail that caught my attention was this: Everyone's seen the footage of Oswald being shot and loaded into the ambulance. But the doc showed him arriving at Parkland, where he was taken to the same trauma room and treated by the same ER docs who worked on JFK just two days before.

Somewhere in my house, I have a VHS recording of this doc. Joe Bob Briggs showed it one time on Monster Vision back in the 90s.

I was way into JFK conspiracy stuff since the Oliver Stone film. For some reason, every cable news channel covering it constantly has turned me off.

I'm recording these programs to watch when they're done being repeated over and over again and probably going to ignore what I have until I get to watching it in January or something LOL

I have all 7 seasons of The Shield on DVD (LA cop corruption story).

In line that we have the exact same tastes OC - I recommend you watch these. Written by Sons of Anarchy exec / writer / Otto actor Kurt Sutter and created by Shawn Ryan.

You've probably watched these already though I can't remember.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.