Page 419 of 440 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 4393
    The Beginning or the End (1947). A fictional and compressed account of the development of the atomic bomb. Brian Dunlevy was Gen. Groves, Hume Cronyn was Oppenheimer, and Barry Nelson was Paul Tibbets, pilot of the Enola Gay.

Duel at Diablo (1966). Western starring James Garner and Sidney Poitier.

Sherlock, the Empty Hearse. First ep of season 3. Loved it.

DCU Justice League: War it's not dark like Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox it's much more light-hearted with some fun banter thrown in between the characters, especially between Green Lantern and Batman. It's an origins story based on the New 52 or whatever DC is calling the current continuity.

It's not just a Justice League origins, but they tie in the Cyborg origin story as well, which was kinda cool.

The animation was pretty good, though I'm not really digging the whole "my neck is way bigger than my head" look. Also, they did a poor job with Wonder Woman's character, IMO.
    May the force be with you.

Klute (1971). Detective drama/thriller starring Jane Fonda as a call girl and Donald Sutherland as the detective trying to find clues to a missing man.

Sisters of War (2010). Caught this one off PBS. It's a WWII tale about an Aussie army nurse and a nun caught in New Guinea. Interesting.

Act of Valor (2012). The action movie which used real Navy SEALs. Not a bad story. Good action sequences.

Embryo (1976). Rock Hudson is a scientist who creates a woman from an embryo and there's some funky consequences!

Rollercoaster (1977) - one of those 1970s disaster flicks. The story was fairly interesting, but felt really small for a motion picture: some guy threatens to blow up roller coasters for ransom money. Most modern television dramas have more intricate plots. It was clearly a movie that the studios expected it to be a huge financial success, but it was completely trounced at the box office by another movie released that same year. I'll let you all guess which movie that was.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Rollercoaster (1977) - one of those 1970s disaster flicks. ... but it was completely trounced at the box office by another movie released that same year. I'll let you all guess which movie that was.
    Darn you, Annie Hall! Ruined another film's chances, eh?

I saw this movie in the channel guide while surfing around this weekend BB, but it wasn't enough to get me to watch.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Recently watched Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie (1995) and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie (1997). Tossed them into my Power Rangers television marathon of watching the entire franchise. After all, whats another 2 DVDs added to the 98 others I already have to watch/check in my Legacy Helmet 20th Anniversary DVD set.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

My Super Bowl tradition continued this weekend. Watched Black Sunday (1977) and Two-Minute Warning (1976), and thoroughly enjoyed both.

Trog (1970). Joan Crawford's last movie about a prehistoric man found living in a cave in England.

Saw Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star on cable, which was a bad movie. A quick interwebs search showed that it grossed about $2.5 million. How did it make THAT much?
    "That's what Sheev said."

I watched Lone Survivor last Friday and thought it was excellent. I read the book a few years ago and I've actually met Marcus Luttrell a couple of times; so I was probably predisposed to liking this movie, but I'd still highly recommend it.

OC - thanks for ACT OF VALOR.

I mean to make time to watch that (as soon as I have time).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.