Page 478 of 478 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 4780
    Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    Yes. I also checked his NFL stats, and Mr. Smart wasn't all that there. But he did make it to a Super Bowl.

I didn't know Matt Vasgersian was intended to be their head broadcaster, neither did I realize they were the first to use the above-field camera-on-a-wire.
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Hellboy (2004) - in honor of the late John Hurt, caught up with this solidly entertaining flick. Hurt did a really good job with his role too, not the biggest role but strong without feeling obvious. And the film looks great today too, quite ahead of its time.
    Didn't know he passed until after the fact. Plan on watching Alien in his honor.

The Battle of Britain (1968). Big-named actors are in this depiction of the historic 1940 battle.

Black Sunday and Two-Minute Warning. My Super Bowl weekend tradition continued this year. Enjoy both of these each year.

The Getaway
    (1972). Steve McQueen at his best.

Lockout (2012). Not a bad action flick.

The Bridge at Remagen (1968). Not historically accurate but still a decent WWII movie about capturing a bridge across the Rhine in March 1945.

With commercial breaks, I finally watched The Galactic Marvel Guardians, or something like that. It was funny and I liked it, with all its gag jokes.
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

The People Vs. OJ Simpson. I was in high school when the events took place but since 1) that was a long time ago and 2) I was only in high school I didn't know/remember the details. All in all, quite good. Was there anyone in Hollywood not involved in that project?

My mother-in-law gave me a Roku for Christmas. It just got hooked up a week or so ago. Been enjoying Netflix.

Finally saw Captain America: Civil War, watched a mediocre WWII war movie called War Pigs, a sci-fi/military thriller called Spectral, Hard Target 2, Porky Segal in Sniper: Special Ops and the opening sequence to Spectre.

The Battle of Jadotville,
    a true story from the early 1960s in the Belgian Congo, is on the schedule for this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    The Battle of Jadotville, a true story from the early 1960s in the Belgian Congo, is on the schedule for this weekend.
    It's the Siege of Jadotville, and it was excellent. I know there's military history buffs on the board, and this is a slice of what was going on in the former Belgian Congo in 1961.

In the same military vein: Spies Like Us, a documentary of the 1980s USA/USSR nuclear weapons build-up... kidding; it's an underrated comedy with Aykroyd and Chase, with a wonderful scene that Franz Oz steals with simplicity amid others' slapstick.

Quite late to the party, but with my spring break winding down, and the fact that it's still in theaters around here: Hidden Figures. A sad-it-was-true tale of those who did, despite those who/what tried to stop them from shooting almost literally for the moon and stars.

Oh, I forgot to mention: when the screen showed "The Following Previews Have Been Approved," it went right to the opening credits instead. I don't remember the last movie I saw in a theater without trailers (but I wonder why this reel skipped them).
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 1 Week Ago at 09:31 PM. Reason: Less time indoors.

Fought a cold over the weekend and just crashed in my easy chair. Watched three horror movies off Netflix: the Rezort (the best of the three), Jeruzalem (an Israeli horror movie) and Pandemic. Jeruzalam was one of the POV movies but shot from a pair of smart glasses. The plot wasn't the most original, but how it was shot was. At least I hadn't seen one filmed like that.

The French Connection. Had been a long time since I'd watched this one. Boy, it's good.