Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disappointed in my Wave 7's- this happening to anyone else?

So I got my order from KB Toys- 2 Limited ROTS Falcons, 2 Luke Speederbikes, and 1 Republic Red Cruiser.

The Falcons are AWFUL. They paint on the cockpits is smeared and on one of them, the interior of the bubble has a paint smear on it from the cockpit itself!

Of the two Luke Speederbikes, only one was suitable for opening- the other's cape had touched the interior of the bubble and paint came off the toy, too!

The Republic Cruiser has uneven black application, and it, too, looks hideous.

What happened Hasbro? Starting with the BSG Titaniums and now Wave 7, it's as if quality control for the 3" Titaniums has been thrown out the window! Did you change manufacturers? Paint's? What's going on?

Has anyone else noticed these issues with the new Titaniums as of late?

Post away...now I'll have to hunt down a DECENTLY painted Falcon AND a Republic Cruiser to open (I'll exhange these 2)...

Thing is, I was never this picky with the older Titanium wave because I didn't have to be- they all looked GREAT and were evenly painted and generally consistently good quality.

It does make me wonder if something changed on Hasbro's end.

I hope the Executor and the Sandcrawler- not to mention the Blue A-Wing, Mace's ROTS Fighter and the B-Wing- are still good quality releases and not rushed or looking bad.

I commented on the Republic Cruiser's awful paint last week, that one is a real shame, the white and black are so sloppy it's appalling.

I hadn't noticed any paint issue on the Luke Speederbike I saw.

The Falcon I commented on them painting over the cockpit all willy nilly, but the rest was ok.

Between the Falcon, the Radiant VII, and the BSGs (the Raider being the worst, then the Galactica's wash, with the Viper being the best paint of the bunch), it does seem like something's gone afoul.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I agree. I wonder what it is?

Odd thing is, the smear on my current packaged Falcon, if applied evenly, would have looked cool. It reveals the cockpit window structure below the blue paint- hec- the original gray layer is visible on the parts of the cockpit "window frames," then the blue fills in the window dimples. It would have looked REALLY nice had the whole mess-up been consistent but noooo....

Speaking of other quality issues, the stickers on the new packaging for the BSG's and Wave 7's lately (the Star Wars and BSG stickers on the front bubble and the Titanium Series stickers themselves) have been all mis-aligned, wrinkled or just plain ripped...I mean the stickers didn't matter to me on the BSG's since I opened them BUT looking at them along with the Wave 7 SW Titaniums, they're all "off."

I do think something is afoot.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let the Executor look cool! *Worries*

I've seen a lot of wonky stickers on this line dating back to the beginning, nothing new there around my neck of the woods.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I found my set at retailers (and bought two Ep3 Falcons). All of my "ships" are in perfect condition. No paint mishaps, bubble problems, or sticker issues. I guess it's because I had the opportunity to pick out which ones I wanted at a retailer... they had about 4 of each. That's why i don't like ordering online... you don't get to inspect them.

Yeah, ordering online can be a pain but ya gotta' do what ya gotta' do sometimes- esp. since where I live, I have 1 Wal-Mart, 1 K-Mart, 1 Target, 1 Osco, 1 Hastings and no KB Toys, TRU's or FAO Schwarz's within 100 miles of here. And gas at $3.00 a gallon? It's cheaper to order online...but it appears I'll be hunting anyway

...I have an extra Republic Attack Crusier in a NON-Mint package around if anyone needs/wants it...

The only thing I didnt like about Luke was his eyes. They seem so huge.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

i'm disappointed at not having found these at retail yet

Warstar, i might take you up on that Rep. Cruiser if i don't find it.

FB, I might be able to get em for you. LMK
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

thanks kh. hey, isn't it time you added one more name to your trusty traders?