Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hasbro's Weekly Q&A - June 23rd

Thanks once again to all the folks who sent in questions and voted last week. Here come Hasbro's answers, and remember to check out ActionFigs.com for their weekly Hasbro Q&A as well.

Hasbro Q&A for the week of June 23rd

Q: Does Lucasfilm have the rights to the likeness for the Tonnika Sisters (ANH cantina patrons), and if so is there plans to create figures?

A:
    Thanks for the question, but that's not something we can comment on right now.

- -

Q: Are there any plans for any of the unmade Padme/Amidala figures from the prequels in the foreseeable future? If so, which ones?

A: Yes. We can't provide an exact timetable, but we will occassionally be releasing Padme figures in the future.

- -

Q: Is there a possibility of bringing back the 3 3/4" Deluxe figure line?

A: Not right now. It's possible that we may bring back the line when the animated series is released in a few years.

- -

You can find previous answers in SSG's weekly Hasbro Q&A archive.

Not the best answers we've gotten I'd say, but better some communication than none I suppose.

By the way, here's the questions asked over on ActionFigs.com:

- Regarding the Toy Fare Fan's Choice poll figures, which figures won (or, when will the winners be officially announced) and what is happening with them (are they designed yet, when will they be released)?
    [FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT]
    - How does Hasbro cope with lines such as Unleashed Battle Packs, Star Wars Custom Choppers, etc., which fans believe from the outset won't work, and then the lines fail as suspected?

- Will there be any new Star Wars Titanium Series 3" vehicle sculpts that have not already been prototyped? (i.e. AT-TE, Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter, etc.) What about Ep I Die Casts that were never released?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

More elusive this week. I'll be interested to see how they answer the actionfigures.com questions, particularly the first one.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    I'll be interested to see how they answer the actionfigures.com questions, particularly the first one.
    Hit the link that JT posted and they answer 'em.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Popularity of any lines among core collectors is not necessarily an indication for the success or failure of any line. When launching a new line, we take into account the total consumer audience. These lines were intended for the consumer market beyond the core fan base. For example, Custom Choppers was developed for kids new to the line -- and they're the ones who are buying it. And, it was always planned as 2006 line only.
    I think the first question next week should be "WTF are you idiots smoking?" NO ONE is buying these stupid Choppers. Why can't they admit, "Uh, yeah, we wanted kids to buy them, but they thought they were as retarded as you guys did. Oops!"

Unleashed also has a dedicated following, although the main purchasers are not those who collect the 3.75" figures.
    And this is the first I've ever heard about collectors of the Unleashed line not being collectors of the 3.75" line. Where and how the hell are they conducting their marketing research? Some idiot somewhere needs to get fired for that sort of screw-up.

Q: Does Lucasfilm have the rights to the likeness for the Tonnika Sisters (ANH cantina patrons), and if so is there plans to create figures?

A: Thanks for the question, but that's not something we can comment on right now.
    Very elusive, but it sounds like something's up with these ladies.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

If we weren't getting the Tonnika Sisters at all, they'd likely just come out and say it, just like they did with a few other questions (Spirit Anakin, Owen, etc.).

In some of their other answers from other sites, they hinted that we may be getting more concept figures and Republic Commandos but that we'll find out more at Comic-Con. Cool!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Yeah I think it is definately happening with the Tonnikas and I hope it is with the curved part of the bar. As far as the choppers question I'm sure they thought it would sell. It didn't. Does it have any bearing on their plans for the normal line "no". Why? because they want to branch out to a younger generation. if it wasn't the choppers it would have been some other star wars themed line geared at kids that we wouldn't have cared about. I don't know about the demographics of people who pick up the new unleashed line. I only know one kid that likes them and he does have 3 3/4 figures as well. I'm wary about the change in packaging there is a large fan base for the current style I would hate to see it change too much.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I just want to know who the genius was that presented the Choppers in some Hasbro board meeting, and the fools that listened to the pitch and siad that's a Great idea! Maybe it went something like this:

Bob: Thank you for coming today. I am pleased to anounce the next generation of toys to each and everyone of you. In the past we have had some problems. We produce these 3 3/4" figues and evreyone buys them. This is causing a serious market problem.

Jim: Sorry to interupt Bob what what problem is this causing?

Bob: Well when young kids some to the stores, the shelves are empty. How can we get them to want Star Wars toys if they are never on the shelf. That's why I propose we make a line of toys that will never leave the shelves. When kids come to stores they will see Star Wars.

Jim: So what are you proposing we produce then?

Bob: Well we will produce Star Wars characters on motorcycles

Jim: But there are no motorcycles in Star Wars, how about a swoop, or a speeder bike and we'll make them 3 3/4" scale

Bob: No those might sell, and people buy things that are scaled to 3 3/4", so we'll make them bigger. We'll make them as unattractive as possible, and that way kids will see Star Wars on shelves

Jim: Well Bob eventually they'll hit clearance than leave the shelves

Bob: If you look at these slides you will notice a mock-up of the product. As you can see they are so hideous that even on clearance they will sit for a while, a long while. Ladies in gentlemen in closing this product will ensure that a Star Wars product is always abled to be viewed by children!

Jim: But shouldn't we be trying to get kids to buy our toys

Bob: Good question … but the answer will have to wait until Comic-Con!
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

That was funny, Banthaholic! very funny

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I think the first question next week should be "WTF are you idiots smoking?" NO ONE is buying these stupid Choppers. Why can't they admit, "Uh, yeah, we wanted kids to buy them, but they thought they were as retarded as you guys did. Oops!"

And this is the first I've ever heard about collectors of the Unleashed line not being collectors of the 3.75" line. Where and how the hell are they conducting their marketing research? Some idiot somewhere needs to get fired for that sort of screw-up.
    Chux, you should totally suggest those questions in the newest voting thread and see how badly JT freaks out on you.