Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Putting 2 & 2 together from Hasbro's answers and the Swami

A few days ago the Swami from GH said there will be sets of Expanded Universe 2 Packs in late 2006 or early 2007. They will be Darth Vader and Rebel Fleet Trooper (87505), Han Solo and Chewbacca (87506), and Stormtrooper and Tarkin (87507).

Then we ask how are these figures from the Expanded Universe?

Well I believe the answer to that is in todays answers from Hasbro. My question was asked about McQuarrie's concept art and if there will be more Concept figures like the Concept Stormy a few years ago. Well they say we will have to wait until SDCC. So that says to me that the figures mentioned above will be Concept figures and I guess they fall under the Expanded Universe title.

Or I might just be out of my mind. We will see.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Man, I really hope so.. I've always dreamed of a McQuarrie Vader with the blaster at his side (and I know you have too). Also, it could possibly give people another chance at the concept Trooper.

Too bad "gas mask" Luke isn't in there as well.

Strange that Luke wasn't on the list, but this does say it's the 1st wave. Don't want to put all the cool ones out at the same time. BTW Reefer have you ever seen pics of a Concept Fleet Trooper or Tarkin? I haven't.
    (Like my posts)

I'm thinking it's concept work too, but I'm actually not thrilled at the notion. I don't see these as something kids would want to buy, and it seems like everytime we want something obscure we get the kids don't buy this stuff line. The stormtrooper was a popular item, a) because it was limited to only one case assortment, b) it was a cool figure in general. I just don't see a concept Chewie, or Han flying offf shelves. Darth maybe, droids would sell, guess we'll find out exactly at Comic-Con
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Hmmm. Strong possibility. The original EU vehicles were all concept art, and (except for the McQuarrie Stormtrooper) the POTJ concept figures were marketed as "Sith Training" and "Jedi Training Armor" and other pseudo-EU gibberish.

Han (bearded?) and Chewie are a must, as is Vader. Not especially crazy about a second Stormtrooper, but I understand that I'm one of five people worldwide who got him at retail, so it's an understandable inclusion. Rebel Fleet Trooper and Tarkin. . . drawing a blank here.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    Strange that Luke wasn't on the list, but this does say it's the 1st wave. Don't want to put all the cool ones out at the same time. BTW Reefer have you ever seen pics of a Concept Fleet Trooper or Tarkin? I haven't.
    Naw, I've never seen any pics of those guys. like Chuxter - I'm drawing a huge blank. Time to do some Google-research...

If you're right Turbowars, then you just may be the smartest person here (which really isn't saying much, but take it for what it's worth.)

I hope you're right. That would be so sweet.

I'm not too sure how I feel about that reply.
    (Like my posts)

I would be all for it. I've loved McQuarrie's art ever since I got a copy of the ESB novellization as a kid that included a number of sketches and full color paintings. Luke with gas mask would be awesome!!!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Good speculation, but I am going to dobut it. The main reason is that I have The Art of Star Wars book, and I can not find not one concept drawing of Tarkin. There are some concept drawings of "rebels", but they are not specified as rebel troopers. Those could be ANH 30th anniversary packs.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.