Lightsaber fighting at conventions; Ray Park's videos in the news

In the main site news today are links to YouTube videos of Ray Park training some wanna-be Sith-Slayers at a convention in Tennesee.

If you think you could kick most people's butts, would you carry a lightsaber to a convention (or SW movie release) and pick a fight? I would (do) - and very often!

I'll probably be holding Luke's green blade (Master Replicas ROTJ) at Comic Con and looking at you like you're my next meal at Comic Con 2006 and C4 next year as well.

Mmmmm, I have to say No. I do love the fact that people dress up at conventions (Star Wars and other genres) because I like getting my picture taken with them...but I could do without the silly fighting and other role playing.

if i had the skills, i would do it! and i would use anyone's blade except for mace since i'm boycotting his whole everything is purple deal.

I'd only duel with wheelchair-bound opponents, or maybe a group of squirrels, if they talked enough trash.

i would. most definetly. i "pratice" with all 5 MR lightsabers that i have. which would be vader, luke(ESB), luke(ROTJ), mace, and anikan. i think the fastest one i have wielded is a tie between anikan and luke(ROTJ). so i owuld bring one of them with me if i end up going to C4 next year.
    HF
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Sounds like "it's on" at C4, boys. Make sure you tape the conflict and post it somewhere for all of us to see.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008