Obi-wan's Lightsaber colors

does anyone know if the POTF 85 Obi-wan came with a darker colored saber than the earlier versions? I have an Obi-wan, but I swear his saber is darker than the one I had as a kid. If it is repro, then the color is the only thing I can see that would give it away.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I don't know for sure but doubt the sabre was a different color for the POTF version. However what you see may be the plastic drying out or discoloring with age. I notice that some of my Luke sabres especially have different shades of yellow.

I don't believe the colors changed on the telescoping lightsabers, but I could be mistaken. The blue color used in Ben's lightsaber is light enough that yellowing is an issue. If the color of your questionable saber is close to that of the real blue Jedi Luke saber, than I'd say it's a repro. Those sabers are a lot darker.

Lightsabers (both telescoping and non-telescoping) are the hardest for me to verify. The drop test rarely works (for me). Color, texture, and the flexibly of the plastic are the best markers I've found.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    I don't believe the colors changed on the telescoping lightsabers, but I could be mistaken. The blue color used in Ben's lightsaber is light enough that yellowing is an issue. If the color of your questionable saber is close to that of the real blue Jedi Luke saber, than I'd say it's a repro. Those sabers are a lot darker.

Lightsabers (both telescoping and non-telescoping) are the hardest for me to verify. The drop test rarely works (for me). Color, texture, and the flexibly of the plastic are the best markers I've found.
    the reason I'm asking is because I've seen Obi-wans in POTF 1 packaging on ebay where it does indeed look as though the saber is a slightly darker color (like mine) than the SW ESB ROTJ. Does anybody have this fella on a POTF1 card?
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I've spend a little time looking at other site's packaged Ben Kenobi figures. And your right the POTF Ben has look to have a darker colored lightsaber. 12Back has better photos for this. Both the SW and POTF are big enough to see the lightsaber. What I really want to see is the ROTJ carded figures. But no one seems to have good photos of those.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane