Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hasbro's Weekly Q&A - June 30th

Thanks once again to all the folks who sent in questions and voted last week. Here come Hasbro's answers, and remember to check out ActionFigs.com for their weekly Hasbro Q&A as well.

Hasbro Q&A for the week of June 30th

Q: As the Fan's Choice Poll revealed, collectors are clamoring for a Super Articulated Luke Skywalker in his Death Star II outfit, the 2003 Saga figure (Throne Room Duel Luke) was a let down and fans badly want a version of this figure done right a la Ep 3 Pilot Obi-Wan or Count Dooku. When can we expect to see this figure, assuming he has not won the Fan's Choice Poll?

A: We can't answer this before the results of the Fan's Choice Poll are revealed prior to Comic Con.

- -

Q: In the past, Hasbro has produced figures and vehicles based upon concept drawings and/or deleted scenes. Will there be any more in the near future, particularly figures based on the concept drawings from Ralph McQuarrie, the Sith Witch drawings by Doug Chiang, and of the 'battle-damaged' Jedi concepts from preliminary ROTS sketches?

A: Great question! Be sure to come to our panel on Friday during Comic-Con to
    learn more.

- -

Q: What is the future of the 6" Ultra Titanium Series line?

A: Stay tuned.

You can find previous answers in SSG's weekly Hasbro Q&A archive.

I don't normally do this, but since Hasbro didn't give us much in the way of answers this week here on SSG, here are the ActionFigs.com questions for this week, and those did get answers:

AF: What is the status of the Star Wars Transformers line, will there be more sets, and if so, when and what next? If no, why not?

AF: Why did Hasbro suspend the 7" Unleashed line popular with fans and use the brand name for a line of Unleashed Battle Packs 2" micro-statues?

AF: What are the chances of more popular or rare vehicles that have already been made such as the TIE Bomber, TIE Interceptor, Tatooine Skiff, etc., being re-released?

Gee thanks Hasbro, good thing we're able to ask these questions and get such useful answers.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

They didn't answer a damn thing!! All of the answers were basically saying that they're gonna reveal everything at Comic Con!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Not much of a surprise there. With less than a month to go, I'm betting "lipsrseal" until SDCC.

With any luck there'll be more on display than last year's 12 ROTS repaints - I wanna know what the new packaging is going to look like.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Yeah, I was not pleased with this week's answers for SSG, the SDCC thing is a bummer, it came up 3 lemons, a lot of nothing. Luckily I got some answers for the ActionFigs.com questions I posed to them, or I'd be totally miffed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Yeah, I was not pleased with this week's answers for SSG, the SDCC thing is a bummer, it came up 3 lemons, a lot of nothing. Luckily I got some answers for the ActionFigs.com questions I posed to them, or I'd be totally miffed.

What do you make of my Question Jeditricks? I feel totally shafted. Here's a thought too:

Why would they dodge Luke when they said the Galactic Marine, also a top 25 candidate, was comming next year?

HELP!!!

For the most part these questions are useless, but it's worth a try.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ROTJLuke
    What do you make of my Question Jeditricks? I feel totally shafted. Here's a thought too:

Why would they dodge Luke when they said the Galactic Marine, also a top 25 candidate, was comming next year?

HELP!!!
    I believe that it didn't get answered because of the question's tie-in to ToyFare Magazine who has not yet announced their winner, and it's possible that they ARE doing Luke as a "Fan Choice" even if he didn't win because of how high he placed. Hasbro's guy told another site last week that he'd personally like to see an ROTJ Luke, and still another site that super-articulated ROTJ Luke was at the top of their Vintage-style to-do list. Check out the answers in the archive, just search "luke" and it'll come up quick. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....d=77&p2_page=2
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

"Throw me a crumb here."

Jeez Hasbro, throw us a damn crumb here (and I am not talking about salacious crumb). Just give us a little information. A little information is better than no information. C'mon!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I just hope that in August they don't tell us to wait until Toy Fair '07!
    "For I am Palpatine, king of all I see,
    but I don't see enough
    that's the problem with me."